V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I made the mistake of stopping in at one of the many local dealerships in my area today to look at the 2006 Ultra. Problem is that I will not be in the market to buy until this spring (have some property that I must sell before I can buy another toy).

I saw an '06 two tone black cherry/black pearl FLHTCUI with cast wheels which was exactly what I had in mind. The dealer really tried to push me for a sale today even though I can't make the purchase at this point in time. Bottom line price was $1000.00 under MSRP and free set up. I still told him I couldn't buy, and he then said he would cut the $320.00 freight cost for a total price of $19,685 plus tax, title, and license.

Is this a pretty good deal for what new bikes are selling for now? I didn't check with any other dealers in the area yet, but this guy gave me the line that the prices will only go up the closer it gets to spring, might not be able to get the color I want, etc, etc. Just wondering what they are going for in your area???

G

·
That is a good price. THere is probably some truth to what the guy says that as the weather improves, the price will increase.

Of course if you can't buy now, then the potential for a price increase is irrelevant.

Harris

·
Registered
622 Posts
IMHO, that is a good price. Out here in CA the same are going for 1-2k more for the base price. I sounds like your dealer may be anxious to move it. Good luck.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
Retrax said:
...for a total price of $19,685 plus tax, title, and license.
that's $1530 less than what mine cost in Aug. - I'd say it was a Great Deal...ultras don't seem to stay on the dealers floor too long.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
they're doing what the dealer I buy from does all year. Ben Breece in Ohio always sells for msrp and has free freight and set up. you can order your bike in that color and decide what month you want it depending on ship dates. they take $1000 deposite for bike when you order it. give them a ring 419-523-4274

no relation, don't work there, they're just good people to deal with for a fair price.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Here in PA some sell for under MRSP this time of year, bought my Classic last December for $675 under MSRP, w/ no setup & freight, plus $500 gift cert. I actually ordered it for the spring (without the discounts & gift cert) and they got the same bike in and asked if I would take it then with the discounts. I had the $ so I took it. Once March hits I doubt you'll get any deals.

·
Registered
48 Posts
damn shame you can't get it now. down here where i'm from $2000 over msrp seems to be the going rate.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I would think business is real slow for him right now and he needs to make some sales. Once the snow melts and traffic picks up on the show room floor
he won't be so easy.
Did he also offer 20% off all accesories you want to buy also. That is another good intisment many throw in.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
eglide1 said:
I would think business is real slow for him right now and he needs to make some sales. Once the snow melts and traffic picks up on the show room floor
he won't be so easy.
Did he also offer 20% off all accesories you want to buy also. That is another good intisment many throw in.
Bike is still there. They have two in the color combination that I would like (black cherry/black pearl) One has laced wheels and the security system, but the one I was interested in has cast wheels and no security system. Things pretty much sit at a standstill here in MN in the winter months. I didn't ask about the 20% discount on accessories though, is that kind of a standard deal? Got the same discount offer at the time of purchase for my FLSTF.

Too bad I can't pull the trigger right now. With as many dealers that we have in my area I have never really seen the problem of availability, just the issue of price. Guess I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it...

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
Paid straight MSRP + tax & title for my 06 Ultra in Sept. No freight, no set-up fee!:D

·
~~Finder Of Paths ~~
203 Posts
went into my local dealer 12/23 to start the process of a credit aproval, get that out of the way first before I even give them any down to order the color I want. for a '06 custom color (purple and aztec orange, available april, may of '07 I think) dealer quoted me 21,500 which is $30 less than msrp+alarm+freight so I'm not gonna complain at that price. I am sure there are better deals out there but that price seems fair to me. Sometime first week of January or so when credit approval is taken care of I will go back give them $1000 to order it and be happier than I ever have about spending $21,000

·
Registered
26 Posts
06 Ultra

Morning,

I just picked up an 06 Ultra for that same price here in VA Beach. A very good deal IMO. I recommend you get it if you can. Dealers very seldom give you a deal....Good Luck

Joe D

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
you might try making a deal with them, as in here's a deposit and I want the bike in spring. they surely have more bikes coming in and could make a future order the color you want. get it in writing though.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Don't forget the price for adding on a Stage 1 kit...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just bought an 06 Ultra, deep colbalt blue which listed for $20265, price was $19055, free winter storage, free shipping/set-up, free 1000 mile check-up. OTD price was $20007.75 which was an outstanding price for this dealer. I was going to wait until April but couldn't pass this up.

·
~~Finder Of Paths ~~
203 Posts
just paid or at least gave them $1000 to order mine today, Concord Purple and Aztec Orange Custom Color. $21,500 OTD plus TT&L, total of 23,000 after paying the state, Thats only $30 under MSRP but I'm so happy about it I cant stand it! wont be in till April or May gonna be a long wait! Would have to say the price you got offered is outstanding, They had a two tone chopper blue and silver a couple of weeks ago offered me a price of 21,000 which is a little more under MSRP than what I paid but I just decided I wanted this color scheme just to be different so my mind was made up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts