V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '91 Heritage that I put a factory remanufactured engine in after my cases cracked. I have had no problems, but if I do need parts for the motor, what year do I tell them it is? I know the cases were upgraded to a later year and so was the oil pump, so I'm a little confused as to what "year" my motor actually is. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks!

zinderman

·
Registered
487 Posts
does it vent through the heads or from the cases ??

·
Registered
487 Posts
it sounds like a 92 but being a crossover year it will depend on what parts you need

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
i have the same prob bigo, my 92 was built late 91 and uses breathing rocker plates to breath through the crankcase, later they used breathing rocker plates to breath through the heads ...

·
Registered
357 Posts
I thought if you sent an earlier engine to the factory it would always come back as a head breather. Do you have breather holes in the head?

Marc M.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry Slickone I've been out of town and couldn't reply. No I don't have breather holes in the head. I believe they used my original heads that I sent in with the motor. The way it was explained to me was that they will reuse any parts on your original motor that they can as long as they can bring them back to specs. I did get new cases, but I'm pretty sure that the heads were just rebuilt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts