V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Iam contemplating a choice between a 96 Heritage Softail (32K miles) with a rebuilt motor and a 97 Heritage Softail (26K miles) with no rebuilt. The 96 cost 12K and the 97 13K. What would you chose? Both aesthetically very nice and identical options. The bikes are at the Dealer and the Dealer did the rebuild.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
John Deppong said:
Iam contemplating a choice between a 96 Heritage Softail (32K miles) with a rebuilt motor and a 97 Heritage Softail (26K miles) with no rebuilt. The 96 cost 12K and the 97 13K. What would you chose? Both aesthetically very nice and identical options.
It would depend on how the motor was rebuilt and whether it was upgraded and most importantly, who did the rebuild.... warranty???

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
8-Ball said:
It would depend on how the motor was rebuilt and whether it was upgraded and most importantly, who did the rebuild.... warranty???
What he said...if the motor is tight the '96 would be a better deal...IMHO

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Get the detailes on the "96 motor build. Not much difference in miles on the chassis. Buy the one you like the most and will have to make the least changes to. 1k is not much when you start throwing parts at it and spending 1k in a motor is easy if somebody else is doing the work.
Get the one that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.:hystria:
Good luck

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi all,

I'm thinking the 97. I would wonder why the moter was rebuilt at 32k. Also there are rebuilds and there are rebuilds are we talking complete or top end.

Kevin

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
:chopper: I think you should be lookin' for an '02 TC Heritage w/around 10K miles for around $14K. Price on either you're looking at sounds pretty steep to me.

Lefty

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Lefty said:
:chopper: I think you should be lookin' for an '02 TC Heritage w/around 10K miles for around $14K. Price on either you're looking at sounds pretty steep to me.

Lefty
I agree. For a little more money you should be able to get a TC which has a balanced engine and is a much nicer ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts