V-Twin Forum banner

What would u say my ultra is worth

2K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  09flhrjw 
#1 ·
I've been to nada, kbb ect. But to be honest Whats a realistic price to ask for a 95 harley ultra classic?? I have alot of new parts which includes 6 speed trans, belt, tires, carb, seat and much more. My question is why isnt anyone interested. I mean I havent even gotten any calls off craiglist or anything. People always tell me how nice it is but is everyone just broke these days or what?? I know its a 17 year old motorcycle but damn. I figure my $6500 asking price was ok even for a fair motorcycle. Hell I've seen them bid up higher then that for wrecked salvage title crap on ebay wtf??? Do people not like touring bikes??? I sold my 88 sportster 1200 for 5500 and it was a turd compaired to my ultra

Is anyone else having a problem selling their bike??? I plan on posting it here in the classifieds but I want to get an insight of the market first. I will let it sit in my yard and rott before I take 5k for it lol .I'm not even getting the dreamer lowball offers like I get when I sold my other stuff. I'm in richmond va is my location bad or something???

Thanks
James

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I've been to nada, kbb ect. But to be honest Whats a realistic price to ask for a 95 harley ultra classic?? I have alot of new parts which includes 6 speed trans, belt, tires, carb, seat and much more. My question is why isnt anyone interested. I mean I havent even gotten any calls off craiglist or anything. People always tell me how nice it is but is everyone just broke these days or what?? I know its a 17 year old motorcycle but damn. I figure my $6500 asking price was ok even for a fair motorcycle. Hell I've seen them bid up higher then that for wrecked salvage title crap on ebay wtf??? Do people not like touring bikes??? I sold my 88 sportster 1200 for 5500 and it was a turd compaired to my ultra

Is anyone else having a problem selling their bike??? I plan on posting it here in the classifieds but I want to get an insight of the market first. I will let it sit in my yard and rott before I take 5k for it lol .I'm not even getting the dreamer lowball offers like I get when I sold my other stuff. I'm in richmond va is my location bad or something???

Thanks
James
Sounds like Ebay is your ticket, then!:)

#5 ·
I recently bought my 98 Ultra for $8,400. It has numerous upgrades, to include andrews EV23 cams, bearings and adj pushrods, polished rotors, mustang seat, bub exhaust, chrome here and there, etc. The seller provided me with a $2,200 receipt for all the motor work. The bike is black, excellant original paint and has never been down, it only had 17,500 miles on it too. I would hang in their with Craig's list for a while longer. Fleabay fees are a pain. I was told by an area HD dealer that I could probably get around $10k for mine right now. I put a v-rod on craigslist and never got a call and found that trying to sell a used v-rod sucks too! I ended up putting the v-rod down by a busy highway and sold it in two days. People are picky, it could be the color, who knows. Good Luck!!

#6 ·
It's just a really soft economy. Anybody selling anything right now is pulling out their hair. Sounds like a reasonable price you're asking unless the mileage is way up there. High mileage will scare folks off.

If I wasn't so broke myself, I'd grab it for a second bike. Good luck.

#7 ·
There is a 2008 classic on Craig's list right here in my town for 12,975.00.......and he is gettin' no calls either.

#8 ·
:coffee:Consider trading it in for something else that would be easier to sell. I just traded my 06 CVO Ultra to HD dealer, 48k miles, blow up in bits needs new pistons, head, bearings etc. They gave me £10k (arnd $15k). I also have a road glide 2011 CVO for touring. I was going to sell the ultra this year, but with engine trouble coming back from Barcelona, Spain, won't be repaired till end of this year, so unable to sell till next season.
So took the deal, let HD have the resell problem, and brought a 06 Fatboy (see pic in Fatboy thread last page), heavilly customised, only 2.5k miles just used for showing. Cost me £4.5k ($2,250 USD). plus the trade-in.
This will be much easier to re sell next year if I want. It's a one off, not common as are the Ultra's. Cetainly a problem if cash is needed now though.
Give it some lateral thought. Good luck.
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67651&d=1315910405

#9 ·
It is worth what KBB says or what the market will bear. Period. It doesn't matter how many doo dads you have on it or how well maintained it is or how much it has been hopped up. That is just the way it is. Of course a private sale will net more than a dealer trade-in almost every time.

#12 ·
I have had a lot of luck with ebay. I just sold my very custom V Rod for 21K (last week) as seen in the picture under my name to the left here
I found that Ebay is a good way to advertise your item, then do the deal "off ebay" to beat the fees. Still have a listing fee, I think mine was 60.00 but I had 23 pictures. Lots of watchers, a few serious buyers and closed the deal with a out of state buyer that came to pick it up. If a V Rod can pull 21K (a really nice one) then I think you should be patient and get your price (end of riding season in midwest is not going to help right now. If it does not sell and you can hold it to spring, your audience may increase.
Here is a link to my auction if you want any ideas of a successful listing
(lots of pictures are key)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd...49&item=110743096205&sspagename=STRK:MEUSX:IT

#13 ·
I think I'm going to put her on ebay at the end of jan when everyone gets their tax refunds back.

I put my pontoon boat out there that I've had since new and I havent gotten any bites on that.

Btw I rode the bike 400 miles yesterday and It doesnt hurt my feeling that noone wants it :woohoo:

#22 ·
I did read, also checked out the auction. It ran it's course and didn't sell on eBay. He sold it to a private party after. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. If he wants to claim his paid auction as "advertising" that's his right. Maybe you should learn to do some research. You sound like the whine asses that cry when someone buys your bike for your asking price then sells it to someone else for a profit. It's your fault if you're too lazy to put a little leg work into selling something.

#23 ·
I sell lots of items on Ebay and always get a good buck for it, so I don't know what you're referring to. But I pay the seller fees rather than screwing Ebay out of it, like some low life's do. Ebay is a great service and it's scammers like you and him that will ruin it for the rest of us.

#26 ·
You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. And after reading some of your other comments on this site it's pretty clear that all you want to do is go around running your mouth trying to start $hit. I'm not getting dragged into your game, I've got better things to do with my time. Grow up and have a nice night.

#27 ·
come on guys.

If you put your bike on ebay and it doesnt sell but someone emails you wanting it and you make a deal thats fine.

But if you put it on ebay and end the auction early just to close a deal and screw ebay out of the fees then thats kinda like stealing. But for each his own.

We all get ours eventually :beatdh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.