V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ran into the 3rd person thats selling there fxdwg for the purpose of going to a RK or streetglide.
2 of them mentioned doing a trade with me. My '02RKCI for their '03 FXDWG's..
My king has lower miles and is fuel injected. Both fxdwg's are carbed with about 4k more miles. Both are loaded. ie:QD shield, saddlebags, chromekits, jetkits, etc... One is solid black, the other is the two tone black and silver.
Both are obviously anniversary editions and are in exc.shape...

They book out equal on Kelly, and $100 apart on NADA. (mileage not entered into the equation)

Anyway, I know what i'd like to do, but wanted to get a feel from you folks as to what you all think would be a good deal...
Thanks

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with a straight up trade, assuming equal condition, and that the trade makes both of you happy.

Teu

·
Registered
69 Posts
baggers

It seems a lot of folks are going to baggers these days. I think the old ladies who have to ride rear position like the bigger bike. I know mine does. Then you got the cd and radio and floor boards and air shocks and back rest and more room etc. etc.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
reload said:
If I were you I'd have to have some cash on top of the deal to make it worth it.
My thoughts were in line with that also, But I just looked at the price difference on the new ones both in black and was surprised that they are only $300 apart in price. so maybe your in line of a even trade.

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
????

Scarbelly said:
Let's see.....an '02 RKC for TWO '03 WG's? Yep, sounds reasonable....:whistle:
Is this what is being proposed??? 1 for 2??? If so, Do not pass go, do not collect $200 bucks, GO STRAIGHT TO THE GUY before he changes his mind. This couldn't be the deal, could it? Enlighten us...

·
Live Now - Go For It
89 Posts
An Ole Car Dealer once explained to me:

The definition of a Good Deal:2flips:

"When both Parties feel they Screwed each Other"

He did use a F word but I won't

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No. Not 2 for 1... There are 2 guys out of 3 that are selling their fxdwg's that proposed a trade for my '02 King. 2 seperate deals. Both glides are '03 anniversary edition carburated models. One guy has a Makuni carb on his. Both glides appear to be about in equal condition and have around 3-4k in extras.
I'm gonna go look at and ride one of them this wk-end. I'm riding the King so that he can do the same..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts