V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had one of these "rear wide wheel kits· fitted to my 2001 Softail Springer fxsts.The guys that did this fitted a 200-60-16 tyre on a 4.25-16 wheel and an enlarge rear fender,looks great but what other combination of 200 series tyres can I use with other wheel measurements (5" or 5.5") providing thje tyre does not get streched out since the rear fender fits very tight to the existing tyre.
Any help would be apprceiated since I feel the garage who did this converstion stuck me with an unwanted wheel size.

Al
Spain

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
SPRINGER-BCC said:
I have had one of these "rear wide wheel kits· fitted to my 2001 Softail Springer fxsts.The guys that did this fitted a 200-60-16 tyre on a 4.25-16 wheel and an enlarge rear fender,looks great but what other combination of 200 series tyres can I use with other wheel measurements (5" or 5.5") providing thje tyre does not get streched out since the rear fender fits very tight to the existing tyre.
Any help would be apprceiated since I feel the garage who did this converstion stuck me with an unwanted wheel size.

Al
Spain
Go to the tire manufacturers website and look it up.......they will tell what size to use.

At a guess though, 5.5 minimum and 6 on average, plenty of tires and wheels out there to choosae from...........as it is quite a popular size.

All the best, Ozzie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts