V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine was a '75 Superglide. Kick-start only!
Ah, '75 was a good year. Was it only 26 years ago?:eek:

·
Registered
380 Posts
first new harley

My first new harley was a 1998 xlh sportster and i loved it. sinister blue 1200. and i think it was a little faster than my 99 tc88 fxd. but it realy turned me on to the harley life stile.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
First Harley

The first one was a 1974 FLH. It was a dream come true the first year that I rode it. Then it took me 3 months to completly re- wire it. Sold it 5 yrs. later. That was in 1989.

I talked to the guy that bought it last month, he is still riding it. Will not sell it back to me either.

·
Registered
41 Posts
TC88
Me too. 48 big beootiful Hog.
But that tank shift sure did suck.
Was delighted when Harley finally went to toe shift.
But the ole 48 sure did look good. Blue.
Funny, my current ride 96 FLTCUI is also blue. (and silver)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine was a new 72 XLH. It sure was a real beauty. All black and chrome. I was only 21 then. Some SOB stole it. He got his and I got the bike back 6 months later.

·
Registered
26 Posts
my first ride was a 81 sturgis man was it sweet hated to sell needed the money hahahahahahaha. now it's a 79 fxs80.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
2002 FLSTF. Got it shortly after 9/11. Pres. said go out and support the economy. I think I did, then some. It has been a few years since I have riden. Life is to short, it's time to play.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Been riding Harleys since 1974, unfortunately they belonged to my friends. All my bikes were of the eastern asian persuation. Finally in March last year I sprung for a new Sportster that I put 25 miles on before taking it apart to paint. By the time November came around the bug had bitten real deep. I said screw it and bought an '02 FXD. Gettin' ready to take that one apart for paint also! I had hoped the wife would let me keep both(kinda like a collection thing)but I got the word that it has to go. Yipee! More chrome money!
Dan
(happier than a pig in.........mud)

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 1st Bike

Got my first ride in November 01, I got a 1200 sportster custom.
I had planned to get this bike in the spring of 02, but after taking
the MSF course I couldn't wait. I have been lucky here in NW Arkansas,
the weather was great thru December, however in January I have been
able to go on 5 runs so far.....Have a good day riding and keep the
shiny side up.....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Got our first HD's in 2000

Intentions was to buy one for myself, but my wife got attached to a 1200 XLCH while at the dealer. Full SE package too!

The Sportster has since been sold, but mine is a FLSTC Heritage. What a sweet ride.

Jimmy T.

·
Registered
4 Posts
first bike

Mine was a 61 Sportster. It ran but need a little work. Couldn't complain, only paid $750 for it. Kept it for 2 years, lot of upgrades and sold it. Either had no bike or Japanese models for the next7 years. Got a 68 Electra Glide now. Hopefully will be ready for the road this summer

1 - 20 of 32 Posts