V-Twin Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
11,373 Posts
I like a heel toe shifter. My latest toy had the heel cut off with a hack saw. Got a new shifter off eBay and a sissy bar rack as the OP took the sissy bar off and installed a trunk just like the one Greg bought. I would have sent him mine for free.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2003 Dyna FXD Super Glide
13 Posts
Howdy everyone. This is my first post and my first Harley. Just bought it Sunday.

First, I aired up the tires. Removed the windshield and sizzy bar. Then I rode to the gas station on about an eighth of a tank of year old stale gas. Filled it up with some premium, rode a few miles then headed home. I opened the carburetor and sprayed some cleaner through the idle circuit. Rode around a bit more. Yesterday I rode it to get inspected, then changed the engine oil. Then headed to get a license plate. Today, I put about 100 miles on the bike.

Now I'm tired and sunburned.

·
Registered
112 Posts
For my 2018 Road King I immediately (i.e. at time of purchase) -- added 1) fork lock cover; 2) All LED lights including turnlights, headlight, etc.; 3) luggage rack; 4) Zumo 595 GPS and mount. At 1000 miles I added a Stage 1 with Two-Brothers slip-ons and Screaming Eagle A/C and wrap-around bag protector. At 10,000 miles (coming up) planning to add a Lithium battery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It was definitely jump atop it to have a feel of what I will be riding for a long time. I then rode it home to brag to my people about my new motorbike. One of the most important things I have done to my bike, however, is purchase a new motorcycle storage shed through "Best Motorcycle Storage Shed [Updated: April, 2020]". I will definitely recommend that you click on that link as it has a number of top quality motorcycle storage sheds you can choose from.

·
Registered
2013 Street Glide w/tour pack
5 Posts
With me it was immediately removing the reflectors on the lower legs. Next was de-badging the gas tanks. View attachment 263659
The first thing was changing the oil in all 3 holes. Then I changed the seat to the HD hammock seat which got me higher up and a much more comfortable ride for my fat butt.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The '19 FLTRXS got a pair o' Avon grips and Mustang seat, in alphabetical order.

I can't remember exactly what was the first thing to bolt on the '06 FXSTBi...maybe pegs or grips? Dealer installed SE A/C, SE II exhaust and SE tuner with a canned map upon delivery.
Don’t know if you’d remember me Scrubs, but me and my ‘08 Ultra ended up running the Key West poker run 3 times along with a lot of other North American travels with no time ever spent with the bike on a trailer. ;)
Just purchased a ‘19 117 cu in Stage IV Street Glide (a lot if other mods too) and the first change was to get rid of the foot pegs to put floor boards on. My wife couldn’t get comfortable with the pegs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had a smile from ear to ear believe that. Almost got into 6 accidents same day i bought but didnt want anything but get myself home from longwood to kissimmee florida. I learned quik not push bouderies

61 - 74 of 74 Posts