V-Twin Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
11,730 Posts
I removed Kuryakin iso grips as they were too big for my hands while wearing gloves. Put a pair of 9 led spots on the highway bar and replaced the risers on the handle bar. Took front fender off for repaint and installed JVC waterproof radio with small amp.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tipped it over at the end of the driveway. I picked it up by myself though ;)

·
blipper
5,199 Posts
The '19 FLTRXS got a pair o' Avon grips and Mustang seat, in alphabetical order.

I can't remember exactly what was the first thing to bolt on the '06 FXSTBi...maybe pegs or grips? Dealer installed SE A/C, SE II exhaust and SE tuner with a canned map upon delivery.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Bought mine used. Put on electrics to a Battery Tender and then a Garmin as they are waterproof. On the first ride I didn't make it to the gas station. Started to walk to Walmart, closest, for a gas can but before I made it 20 yards I remembered it has a choke, that means a reserve. Good to go!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ha ha , second time out on mine I ran out of petrol ( Gas ) because I got On and Reserve mixed up . Luckily I knew someone in the area who was good enough to come to my rescue .

·
Premium Member
6,979 Posts
Ya, that's understood.

Its the dealer being willing to loose his franchise and be liable for several hundred thousand dollars in EPA fines that has me scratching my head. Pre delivery tampering is about thew worst transgression a dealer can be found guilty of.
local dealer here will do just about anything you want before picking up a bike as long as you buy the stuff from them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This one I dropped in a parking lot on the way home (maybe 10 min. new to me)
Once i got it's wheels back under it..Named it 1/2 Ton!

The first mod was adding the bell and Insert LED lights.

This ones first thing was a bath wax and polish! First mod was extended signal switches.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm an old fart - 69 - so on 3 wheels now. Bought this 17 Freewheeler last year with 1046 miles on her. My type of deal, cos I'm a garage queen whore. Soon as I got home the windshield came off, then the heel shifter, then the sissy pad.

Medora overlook - TRNP

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Watched my buddy load it into my trailer. I had knee surgery the week before. I rode it the next day though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
drilled out the fork lock so I could get it outa the shed where it sat for 10 years with 002006 miles on the odometer, 2003 Fatboy with every 100 year anniversary upgrade the original owner could have put on it when he bought it new...

·
Registered
2 Posts
‘93 FXRS with trike kit; removed the defective Ultima wiring harness and installed a new Namz kit with turn signal controller, followed by a new front tire and two new rear tires for the Frankenstein rear end and new Hawg Halters brake pads. Replaced the float system for the fuel gauge, replaced the petcock, took off the Kuyrakyn stirrup pegs and installed floorboards and finished with a Natl Cycle Street Shield. It’s ready to ride when the flooding stops.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bought new in Sept. 2002 bike is a 2003 FLSTCI. I had to commit to buying $1500.00 worth of "chrome upgrades" to get on a list to just purchase the bike. Chromed out the front end, engine guards front and rear, lay down plate holder, trim rings for the all lights, tank panel, Kuryakyn ISO grips, trigger grip brake and clutch levers, (dealer installed all for zero labor charge...like I believed that). I road over 12,000 miles within a radius of about 400 miles in 11 months. The warranty was 12 months or 12,000 miles whichever came first. I wanted to get as many miles on it before the 12 month cut-off. The rest you all are aware of the continuing the fish stringer of mechanical "upgrades" furnished by HD. (chain tennsioners, pinch bolts shearing, blah, blah, blah). I still love this bike!!!

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
Bought new in Sept. 2002 bike is a 2003 FLSTCI. I had to commit to buying $1500.00 worth of "chrome upgrades" to get on a list to just purchase the bike. Chromed out the front end, engine guards front and rear, lay down plate holder, trim rings for the all lights, tank panel, Kuryakyn ISO grips, trigger grip brake and clutch levers, (dealer installed all for zero labor charge...like I believed that). I road over 12,000 miles within a radius of about 400 miles in 11 months. The warranty was 12 months or 12,000 miles whichever came first. I wanted to get as many miles on it before the 12 month cut-off. The rest you all are aware of the continuing the fish stringer of mechanical "upgrades" furnished by HD. (chain tennsioners, pinch bolts shearing, blah, blah, blah). I still love this bike!!!
Who made you do that? Where the heck is that? Is it in the USA?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The first thing I did was put on drag pipes, and retune the carburetor on my 91 xl. That was 9 years ago, I am currently mounting softtail gas tanks and speedo/dash - had some issues with the cateye dash unit I am using but think I have everything good now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
  1. The first thing(s) I did was take off the ridiculous exhaust wrap and put the heat shields back on , re fit mid pegs, put the mirrors on the right bloody way up and junk the Chinese air filter. There is little room for improvement on an 04 Roadster .

41 - 60 of 84 Posts