V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yup... won't say what state. But he said that he was notified that in his state, (not enacted yet) anybody stopped by the state troopers with bike registered in his state with non approved exhaust (loud or non-EPA compliment) they are going after the dealer too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ya, that's understood.

Its the dealer being willing to loose his franchise and be liable for several hundred thousand dollars in EPA fines that has me scratching my head. Pre delivery tampering is about thew worst transgression a dealer can be found guilty of.
How do I "PM" you on this site now???

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,768 Posts
On the 400 mile trip back home from picking up the bike, I realized that I needed a windshield (had a windshield on my old bike, and not used to apes, since old bike had drag bars, so my arms were killing me from hanging on), so stopped at a friend's shop, since he wanted to see it, and got a "steal" of a deal on a brand new MS Shooter sport windshield, still in the plastic, and installed it the next day. It's been great!! Next, was a more comfortable seat (Sundowner), so the wife won't be uncomfortable and gripe when she rides with me, and small floorboards for her, with extensions to set them further forward and down lower. Then, a bigger backrest pad from a friend with a Heritage that didn't want it, so the wife is really comfy, and forward controls swapped for my mids (my last bike had forwards), so I am more comfortable. I tried moving my saddlebags over, but they just didn't fit right, so found a set of Viking bags, but lost one on a long trip, so replaced them with LeatherLyke bags (another great deal at $60), and installed them. Next, was pipes (Freedom Independence Shortys - black), so cagers know that I'm there, and won't go pulling into me or my lane, with torque cones so I don't lose too much back pressure, and degrade performance. However, I recently picked up another "steal" of a deal on a V&H ProPipe ($60), but the end cap was missing, so had to spend $70 on a new one, but still saved a ton overall on the normally over $800 pipes! Soon as I get the cap, I'm swapping out the pipes, so if anyone wants the Freedom's, let me know. They sound terrific, and still in great shape, but I won't need them anymore, so I'd let them go for $200 + shipping, if anyone is interested. Also, I picked up a set of black LED turn signals, so will be changing those, as well as the handlebars (want to go back to drags), so if anyone wants either of those, please let me know, as well. The "mods" just never seem to end, though.
That was a lot of words and stuff for a first thing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2015 FLHTK.....Fully stripped it and started over.....Finished it this past "Late" summer..kinda why I've been busy and staying in the background. I'll post pics later in the bio.....

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
When i first bought my 2015 i put in xm radio,luggage rack,missing fender trim.saddle bag guards, fairing bra, lighted controls, bagger nation 8" monkey bars and cb. I usually change out windshield but stock windshield perfect.

No down loads or exhaust changes. Like listening to radio,doesn't make sense to have loud pipes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Never was a fan of the oval air cleaner so it was the first to go. Which led to, might as well do the exhaust and now I gotta dyno tune it so it all works together. Switching to that damn round AC cover cost me over $900, but it's cool it has a skull on it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I delivered a new FLHTC in 2006. It happened to be to the fella that sold me my first mini bike ,back in the '70's. So I cleaned that thing up and made it look real good. I took it off the trailer and set it in his driveway. He came out, pushed it in his yard and shoved it over on the right side . Picked it up and said "There ,I got that out of the way!"

·
Registered
11 Posts
First thing I did when I bought my 04 1200 Roadster was to take the ridiculous brown bandages off the exhaust , replace the Chinese air filter with a Screaming Eagle item , replace the forward controls with mid controls and put the mirrors on the right way up . I feel like I've rescued a dog from an owner that beat it . How could anyone mistreat a beautiful motorcycle so ? I kept the V&H Straightshots though 😁

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
1st thing I did when I brought home my Street Glide was wash it.. I brought it home and it was a rainy day, That new to me shiny bike had a lot of road grime on it..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bought a brand spanking new DLRS off the showroom floor back in 16'... Rode it 40 miles home and installed forward controls, tuner, stainless 2-into-1, rear fender rack, and license plate relocation kit. Had a swingarm bag for awhile but gave it away to someone who really needed it. Lowered it later on when my wife took it over.
LRS1.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bought a brand new 2019 FLSL. Installed slip-ons and ditched the exhaust shields the first day. Added a windshield, swingarm bag, license plate relocation kit and passenger foot pegs.
I still may go with a stainless 2-into-1 but I really like the old school look of the uncovered header pipes with the cocktail shaker-ish mufflers.
FLSL1.JPG
FLSL2.JPG

21 - 36 of 36 Posts