V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 police electraglide with abs. I plan on keeping the abs. But I may change to the stock style saddlebags. Can I remount the abs gear somewhere else on the bike? In the fairing maybe? And just for argument's sake, what would be involved in doing away with the abs altogether? what would you have to take off? any help is welcome.

·
Registered
779 Posts
The abs bags are just standard bags with a notch cut out, and a filler piece. If it was me, I would just cut out the same notch in your new bags, and use the old filler. If you don't want to DIY, I bet a body shop could do it for $100 or so...

Be a whole lot easier than screwing with the abs system...

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
dxrich said:
I have a 2007 police electraglide with abs. I plan on keeping the abs. But I may change to the stock style saddlebags. Can I remount the abs gear somewhere else on the bike? In the fairing maybe? And just for argument's sake, what would be involved in doing away with the abs altogether? what would you have to take off? any help is welcome.
It would be cheaper to just buy the civilian hard ware and refinish the bags. They aer the same, they have different hinges and latches.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Bags are the same, but the police hardware (lock, hockey pucks & hinges) would leave some pretty obvious holes to fill if you swap to the civilian hinges.

I was guessing that Rich has a line on some standard bags at a smokin' price. If not, it would be a whole bunch cheaper to doll up the police bags with the slick push buttons to replace the pucks, and a billet insert for the police emblem recess.

But, that is what makes these bikes fun. Blank canvas to make them your own...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts