V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know everybody likes differant styles of custom bikes. It seems the up and out trend in the frame dimentions has dominated the "chopper" market for the past several years. Everybody tastes are differant. I am more of a pro street guy myself. I know some folks can't get enough flash, and to some, less is more. I'm not talking builders specificly but more of a style in general that you really get drawn to..

If this link works, this a bike built by cleveland motorcycles. To me personaly, even in its simplicity, this one of the coolest bikes I have seen (the pipes not so much)......
If I can ever latch onto another decent powerplant, I think this is the direction I am going to try to go in....
Its the old #7 bike in the gallery.....on the left second row down

http://clevelandmotorcyclemfgco.com/gallery.html

·
self banned
5,992 Posts
@gree:

old #7 definitely grabs my attention. I love the looks of the rigid frames and "less is more".

rkc

·
Registered
142 Posts
It's a good thing everyone has different tastes.

If everyone were like me, we'd all be fighting to buy the latest Road Kings.

:)

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I've always been a softail fan, particularly springers. I've become partial to the Street Glides here recently though, OL had back surgery and it's time to find something more comfortable than a slammed 'tail...

·
Registered
52 Posts
As long as she has on tight jeans and a nice a$$ it don't matter what shes ride'en :woohoo: it gets my attention.

·
self banned
5,992 Posts
It's a good thing everyone has different tastes.

If everyone were like me, we'd all be fighting to buy the latest Road Kings.

:)
Although I love my RK, RK's do not typically grab my attention as there are so many of them.

However, if I ever saw fellow members Aldean's bike, it woud:

rkc

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'm not a fan of custom bikes, I honestly say I would never own one , as far as grabbing my attention a Softail Heritage Springers with old colors,I would love to own one.

·
blipper
5,199 Posts
I can imagine owning/riding Old No. 7, b/c that is a style that piques me interest. There are some nice rides on that site, especially Jesse's Shovelhead upper left.

Less is more to my eye - minimalist rules; hence the Exile bikes have always appealed to me also. Like the women I covet...thick and clean.

The retrorod pipes on #7 are not that bad, I can see why you might want to change them.

Speaking of retrocool...that guy's deck shoes are so hep it hurts :whistle:

·
Outsider
1,339 Posts
Baggers with big motors.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
I like old iron so the Hotrod Shovelhead would be my pick from that bunch. Nice to look at but my back and kidneys can't take those rigid frames anymore. Seems like custom baggers are the latest craze. Maybe i'm just getting old but that's what grabs my attention mostly these days.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
I like pro street look clean, no apes and basic black :)

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Baggers with front wheels so big they look stupid. It grabs my attention, I shake my head and laugh at them.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Baggers with front wheels so big they look stupid. It grabs my attention, I shake my head and laugh at them.
21s look pretty good. Anything bigger just looks odd. Kinda reminds me of the ole Big Wheel trike for kids.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Black Chromed Springer front end with a Hard tail frame- Bright Silver flake paint with high glossy black 80 spoke straight laced wheels 23" front and a 18" rear - Everything blacked out with a couple Chrome and Red high lights. simple clean bike-
That will be the next custom I build-

1 - 20 of 31 Posts