V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What plugs have you used and what seems to work the best?:)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Stock plugs, splitfire and S/E (splitfire) platinum. The S/E platinum by far I like the best. Easy starting and the things seem not to ware any. Im know there are many choices, but the platinum are hard to beat in any brand for a street engine.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Texxen said:
ND Iridium.....

(anything but Harley...they don't make there own plugs,why pay for the name)

Your not suggesting I buy a Road Star instead of a Road King?

I get my stuff ay 20 % off. Just about as cheep as any then.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Unless you've got heavy mods, stay with the stock plugs or cross reference to same heat range in a different brand. I run the Screamin' Eagle EX12P, the old Sportster plugs. They've got a split ground electrode... Maybe mfg'd. by Split-Fire.?.? These were recomended in the build list for my particular engine mods in the P&A catalog.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Stay away from Accel plugs. I bought a used sporty that had them in it. Harder than hell to get started. I was ready to kill the thing when I grabed a old set of HD plugs from the bagger and it fired right up. the Accel looked like new and the engine had less than 100 miles on it so I'd say they were new.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Well, I've put probably a hundred thousand miles on 2 Evo's using Accel plugs and never had a problem. I've never used any other of their stuff though. It's always possible to get a bad plug now and then with any manufacturer or someone messing with them, may have dropped the plug which I have seen happen. I used them for a while on my TC88 with no problems but have since switched to Autolite just because they are easier to get for me now.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Louz, Bosch doesn't have HD's listed in their parts finder on their webpage. So no dsirect way to find out if they make a Platinum 4. Only thing to do would be to do a double cross reference from the HD plug to a champion or NGK, then to a Bosch. Too much research for my small mind.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
UltraKC,

I tried all that with no luck. The reason I'm looking for them is from an article at Donny Petersen's web site (AIM writer) that states they are very good for the TC.
Of course he doesn't mention the stock number and doesn't take e-mail without charging.

http://www.hdcycles.com/sparkplugs.htm

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Iridum

If you want Iridium plugs go with the Denso plugs. They are of the correct heat range for stock up to stage II. The correct Denso plug for a TC88 is the IXU22.

Denso was the first with Iridum plugs. Denso also makes plugs with other companies names on them. Just look in your GM, Toyota, Honda and so on. They do not have Denso on them but they were made at the plant in TN or Japan.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Ed Y, do you have the Autolite or NKG number for the Twinn Cam 88 engine spark plugs

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
navyharley said:
or NKG number for the Twinn Cam 88 engine spark plugs
NGK DPR 7EA 9

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
I've been using Autolite 4164 in the winter and 4163 (1 range colder) in the summer. Been happy with them. I also change them out every 5K miles.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts