V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, Im new to the forums. I have a 03 Deuce (with fuel injection) that will be arriving in a few very long weeks. I have never been one to leave any vehicle alone. I just droped a new 455 in my 70 Olds 442 this spring :D. Maybe I should have gotten a vrod, but I like the look of the Deuce better. Anyway, im gonna be pretty broke paying for this bike. So, what would you guys recommend for the first mods to get the most bang for my buck.

Thanks
Keith

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the recommendations! I was just checking out that stuff. It doesn't seem too expensive. So, thats definitly an option.

·
Registered
75 Posts
if you decide to do much to your bike budget in the efi race tuner.we just
recieved ours and i think it a good product to compliment efi tuning.it alredy has stage 1 and 2 flashes in it. there are also maps for minor
changes like exhaust and 95 kits enjoy your bike
short-block charlie

·
Registered
66 Posts
have 2002 flht. would like some opionions on this performance upgrade. 95 inch kit with s.e. hi-comp cast pistons, s.e. 6200rpm ignition, stock but rejetted carb, which would be the best choice, 37 or 44 grind andrews cam? Some basic head work. Any starter problems with that 10:25 to 1 compression ratio? Had no problems with 9:6 to 1 on my prior fxdx. Any changes or ideas appreciated. Thanks Shag

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
1. Complete Exhaust Swap (like Vance and Hines Bigshots, long or staggerd)

2. Stage I calibration cartridge

3. Sreamin' Eagle Air Cleaner Breather Kit

·
Registered
250 Posts
Since you got to yank it apart for the 1550, spend $50 and put in the new compression release valves from SE. Recommended for ratios higher than 9.8 to 10.0. Save you buying those new starters. Course if you forget to press the buttons before starting you just wasted your money and have a couple extra holes in your head - so to speak. Straight 1550 Stage I and II you don't need them. But with 103 stroker or high compression pistons. You could always buy a high performance starter for $350 as well but then you'd just lose more money when it goes. Don't forget that 103 octane gas - nothing like a little ping when you get that ratio up in the tens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts