V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the look of the seat on my new Heritage. It even "looks" comfortable, but man after a 30 min highway ride my butt starts to get numb. I've tried various positions to get comfortable... but the seat has got to go.

Anyone have experience with this problem? What seat H-D or aftermarket would you recommend?

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Corbin seats

I have the same problem with my 02 FLSTCI which I just got this weekend. I put almeos 500 miles on it and found the seat to look better that works. This is my first Harley, but in the past I always used Corbin seats on my BMWs. I thought they were expensive but great. I have put 850 mile days on them with no problems. I will look into another Corbin, but am also looking into Mustang seats.

Steve

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve, thanks for the reply. I too, will also look at the Corbin seats. as for the Mustang seats...I cannot endorse them due to previous problems I have experienced with them. The dealer tells me that H-D makes a seat that is better than Corbin and lots cheaper. I have no experience with LaPera seats.

How are you likin' that Hawg compared to those beamers?

Jerry

·
Registered
128 Posts
I do have the Mustang #75072 Wide Studded Super Touring Seat for sale if anyone's interested....sells for $379......I'm asking $275.....

I always thought it was much better than the stock seat on my '00 FLSTC (it fits '00-'02 FLSTC's).....sold my bike & didn't let it go for the price I got for my scooter......perfect condition.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just put a Corbin dual touring saddle on my heritage and went on a 200 mile ride . Iit is very comfortable, I didn't squirm to get comfortable like I did with the stock seat>

·
Registered
138 Posts
OK Hoosierbob, guess these will be dumb questions, but here goes. What the hell do you do when it rains? Do you have to take the cover off? Or do you have another “rain” cover to cover your cover? (wow, got cover in there a few times, huh) What’s this thing like once it does get wet?

Just curious.

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts