V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have owned many english bikes (still got my bonnie and 67 norton-matchless) and wanted a brand new scoot in 1989. it had to be as close to my old norton and triumphs as possible, and the new trumpies just didn't do it for me. so i bought an FXRS-SP. nice bike, but not me. then i bought a new fatboy in 1992 YAHOOOOOOOOOO since day 1
faaaarrrrrrk, does it ever get much better than this???

·
fair to partly cloudy
80 Posts
Always liked them from very young
I used to draw outrageous choppers in jr high
I even made a chopper out of my old 20 inch stingray bicycle...this is as close to getting a chopper as i would get...dint like the steering

any way spent my years riding various things then in the 80's when the EVO came out the dealer had a free test ride saturday

they put me on a dyna wide glide and thats all it took...it was so much nicer than that old woblely gold wing I was tinkering with at the time...I knew would own one someday

well that someday came last year with the purchase of my cousins 02 Fatboy
I did have to lose those stock bars and go with some wide glide type mini apes to make things right however

Does it ever get much better than this???

More chrome more cool and of course more power
I would say yeah it will get even better

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
read below

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
So i could join this forum.

·
Registered
97 Posts
tired of going fast.....wanted to slow down and enjoy the wind and the roll on power:chopper:

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
You can say i was born into it harleys..I had no other choice but to get a harley. My dad said if i was to get a "***" bike i would have to move out of the house...So long story short, A number of years later on my 3rd harley and got my own house.....

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
So I could touch the ground flat footed on a motorcycle.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Funny thing for me, was brought up anti Harley. Nobody I knew had them. In the 80s they had a pretty bad rep. Late 90s started thinking about one. But at first I really figured I rode to much to own one. They just had that bad a stigma for me and people around me.

Now I am proud to say it has been most relibile. Though paints pealing of the frame, and rusting where its not pealing.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
LittleBear said:
So I could touch the ground flat footed on a motorcycle.
Those old *** bikes were pretty tall.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Not only were they tall but they designed the seats for John Wayne in a western movie.

·
Enjoy The Silence
158 Posts
I grew up around Harleys. Plus, I made a promise a long time ago, that I wouldn't buy a bike, unless it was a Harley. It took me awhile, but the wait was worth it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wanted to be a bad ass biker, not a motorcyclist.
Wanted a bike that sounded like a motorcycle, not a sewing machine
Wanted to sit upright, not lay on the tank
Wanted something AMERICAN made.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
I bought the new 'train so I could join a brotherhood of accountants, lawyers and doctors. The last brotherhood I was in, kicked me out for alledged criminal activity but I still have the Shovel as a reminder.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.