V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this year has been one thing after another! I’ve been running a 95’’ for 10 years and have starting problems when it’s hot. My son told me to add compression releases in my heads. Well we went ahead and threw a new set of pistons and rings in it and bought a new D&D Fatcat. Shortly after that my bottom and goes out and a price around what it’s going to cost and decided it was cheaper to buy a crate motor. I got the S&S 124 to throw in her but not knowing then what I know now I wouldn’t have gotten the Fatcat and should have gone with the boarzilla. Will the Fatcat not be able to breathe and choke out with this pipe or will it be okay? Sucks that pipe has already been ran on or I’d Exchange it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Do you have the LC 124 or HIgh Compression 124? Fatcat with perforated performance baffle works. Although be prepared for a noise increase as you will have with a Boarzilla.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have the LC 124 or HIgh Compression 124? Fatcat with perforated performance baffle works. Although be prepared for a noise increase as you will have with a Boarzilla.
I have the high compression motor with the 640 cam and the baffle is the perforated wrapped

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Loss compared to what? When comparing aggregate torque the Fatcat will probably beat most. Do you hit the rev limiter often or more of just a cruiser? That motor makes high 120s or low 130s and with that pipe a very respectable torque curve. It is detuned, a point low on compression. Raise that and a little head work and you knock on the 150 squared number, again assuming you ride there. Then a boarzilla and some very good earplugs become relevant.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Boarzilla would be best, but Fatcat and performance baffle will be better than standard or quiet Fatcat baffle.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I swapped out a Fatcat quiet baffle before, for a performance baffle what a bitch that was. The matting rolls up and makes it tedious. Standard baffle should be much easier to remove.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Loss compared to what? When comparing aggregate torque the Fatcat will probably beat most. Do you hit the rev limiter often or more of just a cruiser? That motor makes high 120s or low 130s and with that pipe a very respectable torque curve. It is detuned, a point low on compression. Raise that and a little head work and you knock on the 150 squared number, again assuming you ride there. Then a boarzilla and some very good earplugs become relevant.
Well most of the time I ride 2 up on a street glide with the king tourpack. I use to hit the rev limiter a lot trying to keep up with the group I ride with and gave that little 95’’ all she had LOL. I really don’t know how I’ll have to ride this new motor yet? I guess I’ll know more after it’s put together and see if I new to sell the Fatcat and get the other pipe?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I swapped out a Fatcat quiet baffle before, for a performance baffle what a bitch that was. The matting rolls up and makes it tedious. Standard baffle should be much easier to remove.
Yeah they don’t make the performance baffle anymore. I wanted that😔

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
2AMC are you installing the 124 as is or opting for head work and raising compression?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2AMC are you installing the 124 as is or opting for head work and raising compression?
C-Cat I’m waiting on the motor to get here and been on back order because of all this COVID-19 bullshit. When it gets here I’m not doing anything but putting it in and doing nothing to void my warranty. Maybe in a couple years I’ll have the heads done and pick up a few more hp. and tq. I’m really hoping though and changing the pipe I’ll be in the 130’s on hp? I have a Hpi 62mm throttle body and Hpi 6.2 injectors and upgraded the clutch to the Evolution. And using Hpi air filter setup. It’s going to breathe and the heads and pipe will be the down fall on making some big numbers but it is what it is.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Looks like you're good for now and HPi TB/Air intake V2 you'll be ready if you need more. I'm running same clutch/w 49 Tooth Basket and HPI TB/V2 on my 124 Dyna

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like you're good for now and HPi TB/Air intake V2 you'll be ready if you need more. I'm running same clutch/w 49 Tooth Basket and HPI TB/V2 on my 124 Dyna
Man that’s got to be a rocket!! Love to take it for a spin LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts