V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of handlebar grip glue works best? Where's the best place to find it?

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
rpbrock said:

I had good luck with 3M windshield adhesive.

·
Slightly Abrasive
123 Posts
@gree: and I've gotten best results cleaning with rubbing alcohol prior to application of adhesive to the bar end and inside the grip itself.
Available at your local auto parts store.

·
Registered
286 Posts
rpbrock said:

Golf Club Grip primer and adhesive!:yes: :yes:

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I know this sounds crazy but I've been using this for 15 years both on MC's and Mtn. Bikes.... Aqua Net Hair Spay! You just spray the crap outta the bars and slid on the grips. Then its slippery as heck so you can rotate and position your grip. It does take at least a day to dry up but once dry, its strong as anything. If you ever have to take the grip off, you start by spraying the end of the grip and slowly lifting and working it into the grip with a small screwdriver while continuing to spray it in.

Now that I'm writing this, I realize all my grips have been rubber to metal so this might not work on metal to metal.... oh well.

Plus it's cheap.

:hmmm:

·
Banned
873 Posts
I decided to push my grip on without any glue to see how it would look. Dang thing went on so tight I couldn't get it off. No glue was necessary!

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
I use 3 m weather strip adhesive pn08008.It black and works great. I also have a bunch of harley issued tubes but i found they dry out after a while.....3m lasts longer IMHO.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
84FXRP said:
My wife's hair spray worked ok. I think HD's grips come with adhesive.
@gree: Works great and if there is a woman in the house you already have it.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the replies... I had heard about the Aqua Net thing... pretty cool. As for removal, I just use my air compressor with a high pressure tip and start at one point and go all the way around the grip and it breaks the glue.

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
84FXRP said:
My wife's hair spray worked .......
@gree: Or the girlfriends! Have done this for years.

o~\o

1 - 15 of 15 Posts