V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
When I noticed that the Appalachian Princess was starting to put lamps on the multiple stacks of mags in the house, making them end tables, I knew it was time to quit. Up to that point thought, I liked Hot Bike, American Iron and Iron Horse. Now I read Highlights.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
Iron Works, Hot Rod Bike used to be my favorite but the new regime sucks. I won't buy anything that is obsessed with choppers. AIM is nothing more than advertisements. Their product reviews read like ad copy and Donnie Peterson is a cure for insomnia.

·
Liberal Slayer
212 Posts
Hot Bike, American Iron, and Easyriders. The lady makes me keep the Easyriders in the garage. She thinks company might come over, see it on the coffe table, and think I am a perv.

I am just tires of seeing all the wierd custom built bikes that look like sh*t every month that they are trying to push (the style, not the bike) on us. Like Jesse Rooke for example, stop showing his bikes, they make me wanna puke. Everyone has to be different and make these radical customs,,,fine,,,find me a magazine that is old school. Just my -2$en#e-

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
bbradley said:
Thunder Press. And the best part is it is free! :brows:
Another vote for Thunder Press.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
I used to subscribe to a couple of auto mags, Autoweek being my favorite. Top notch writing, topics, pics, industry rumors, etc.

Since getting back into biking the last few years I've tried to find a MC mag as entertaining and informative as Autoweek. I've found one or two that have been interesting, but are metric and/or sportbike oriented. Those that are HD/American bike oriented have very disappointing content. There's always at least one several page chopper article, maybe one tech/mechanical how to, pages and pages of letters to the editor, pages and pages of ads and other "stuff" that just isn't interesting to me. Maybe it's just me, but I most certainly won't subscribe to any of these again.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
I subscribe to easyriders and hotbike. I like easyriders for the pics. I like hotbike for the info. They always have the new parts buyers guides. They also do alot of different pipe combos with a lot of builds as well...Some of their dyno charts are really queationalble to me though....Some of the afr's made me sick...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ride Texas. A regional mag.

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
Hot Bike, American Iron, and our (South's) version of Thunder Press "Full Throttle".

1 - 20 of 48 Posts