V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is a new term to me. I did some research and it seems a Club Style is based on the bikes featured in the TV show SOA. Is this in fact a new style ? What are the defining features ? Is it just a 1/2 fairing and Tbars ? Curious. THX.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I googled it and your question came up! lol....
I really don't know either but I have been thinking about a cut down fairing of some kind for the front of my softtail....but If there is an official name for it already then I may just reconsider!!....

·
I'm Your Huckleberry
2,040 Posts
On gretch's bike, I'd call it a retro cafe' racer style.... or at least an homage to that style. The main difference being the bars are not upside down...

I've never heard of "club style" tho -- The clubs I'm familiar with don't really have a "style" of design.

·
Banned
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, 1/4 fairing, bars and a Thunderheader = Club Style, Guess I was way ahead of my time, did that to my old 84 FXR.

Now what I think is really cool and I would like to do again is a Corbin Warbird Dyna. That is 1 smooth look. Any of you guys got one?

I have never seen a "club"' riding matching bikes. "Color" Coordinated, Yeah. It would really suck to go to a meet and not know which bike was yours, Eh.

Club Bike? , Just don't get it. Later

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Way before SOA a few guys I know that had Dynas with that look, it has been around and I don't think it copies any club.JMO

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
This has been the cali style for a long time. Pretty sure it started with Sonny riding a FXRT in the old days, people tend to follow what he does.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Not a fan of the 1/2 fairing if ya wanna call them a fairing at all. I too like that style of bars though. Each to his own. Some people might say they don't like the look of my bike but hey it's the style I like so......

·
I'm Your Huckleberry
2,040 Posts
Great video.... :)

·
Registered
762 Posts
Cali is about the only place I see SOA styled (club) bikes. Ditto for bikes with cholo tips, those long fishtail pipes that extend well beyond the rear fender.

·
Banned
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cool vid with the FXR's. bad music.
The kids in the video r amazing. BTW I really like your FXR, Classy Classic, just bought my 92 FXLR back from the dweeb I sold it to. Man he screwed up a perfect stock bike, Idiot. Bought it back for less than 1/2 price he paid. Small crash. I kept it bone stock for many years, paint, motor ... Kinda always wanted to do something, now that he fd it up, I can go anywhere with the design. This will be a fun project. I am thinking vintage Warbird, TH, Raw metal, Jacked up. This will be fun. FXR 4 Evo'r.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I seem to recall back in the 70's Brit bikes (and for some reason Honda 500 twins) that were between stock and a full Cafe style bike refered to as club or clubman bikes.
First HD I remember was 77(?) Sportster model that had cafe fairing low bars etc.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Saw some "club" bikers the other day. They all had the same leather jackets too. One word came to mind...gay.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Cali is about the only place I see SOA styled (club) bikes. Ditto for bikes with cholo tips, those long fishtail pipes that extend well beyond the rear fender.
I agree, Cali is the where that trend prevails, but its been around for a LOOOOONG time.
I've mounted a cafe fairing off '77 XLCR on my '92FXRS shortly after buying it new in the fall of '91. In '92 I rode up to Toronto and ran into few local and NYC "club guys". Few of them had Corbin fairings, but one NYC gentleman had an XLCR fairing just like mine with really tall risers and drag bars.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts