V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
WS6 Formula said:
For a 2006 Dyna Low Rider
the quietest is probably an HD model 2:1, I hear the supertrapp is tuneable and will most likely perfrom better than it's HD version. I had a WB e-series a few years ago and it was fairly quiet and performed well.
 

·
FOG
Joined
·
6,970 Posts
Supertrapp is what I hear is one of the quietest with good performance. I've got a ProPipe HS and while it's not horribly loud compared to some other pipes, I'd like it a touch quieter. I ride it easy around people and neighborhoods and get by without bothering folks.

T113
 

·
I'm gonna powder his nose
Joined
·
537 Posts
SuperT is working on the 2006 Dyna (they purchased one for testing)

Exhaust manufacturers are now faced with not only designing a system to make power over stock but they MUST also have the ability/knowledge to recalibrate the fuel / air intake systems. Carbs were easy...the new O2 sensor Dyna is a curve for SOME

ALLOT of this EFI is new to SOME.........SOME rely on "outside" sources for recalibration..............SOME do not write EFI map codes..........

I do not, I have the ability to "write code" for EFI maps for the Gen III Dobeck EFI tuners.

Those that do not have the ability to "write code" will be left in the dust !!!
 

·
I'm gonna powder his nose
Joined
·
537 Posts
Totenkopf said:
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/lsr21blackhole.htm

The quietest high performance 2:1 known and is available for the 2006 Dyna. Pricey but doesn't give up anything but noise.

WONDERFUL..............BUT:
Where is the dyno powercurve showing TQ and HP?
What are they doing/using to recalibrate the A/F?
Where are those charts showing the A/F?


Lotta reading........... even got a CHUCKLE out of the "Baffling Alien Discs and Aluminum Butt Plugs" rant they had....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,740 Posts
Ohiomotoxer,
Thought you would get a kick out of that! Bob is not much of a "butt plug" fan. He's doing what he knows........ and you guys do what you know. Two completely different themes.

If you thought that alien disc and butt plug rant was entertaining, you ought to read his rant on Dynos. hehehe........ Bob is one helluva an engineer and has been involved with racing for a long time, as you'll see, he knows dynos in all of their different forms and what the weaknesses are.

As far as AFR goes, he's built pipes for 15 yrs with the O2 bungs built in. They build a great realtime AFR gauge, which I have. They also do complete closed loop ECU's with AutoCal EFI that is REALLY trick(read up on it there under EFI systems). If one where to get the Black Hole pipe and you stayed with the stock ECU you would tune it with the '06 compatible SERT and adjust the VE tables to get AFR correct. Not a big deal. Am I missing something?
 

·
I'm gonna powder his nose
Joined
·
537 Posts
Totenkopf said:
Ohiomotoxer,
Thought you would get a kick out of that! Bob is not much of a "butt plug" fan. He's doing what he knows........ and you guys do what you know. Two completely different themes.

If you thought that alien disc and butt plug rant was entertaining, you ought to read his rant on Dynos. hehehe........ Bob is one helluva an engineer and has been involved with racing for a long time, as you'll see, he knows dynos in all of their different forms and what the weaknesses are.

As far as AFR goes, he's built pipes for 15 yrs with the O2 bungs built in. They build a great realtime AFR gauge, which I have. They also do complete closed loop ECU's with AutoCal EFI that is REALLY trick(read up on it there under EFI systems). If one where to get the Black Hole pipe and you stayed with the stock ECU you would tune it with the '06 compatible SERT and adjust the VE tables to get AFR correct. Not a big deal. Am I missing something?

Ummmmmm

SHOW ME information from testing.................. reading bores me, I need to see powercurves showing torque/ HP and A/F stock machine vs whatever they do.

Maybe my english is not so good:
mostrarme il powercurves
muéstreme powercurves
Zeigt mir powercurves
Toon aan mij powercurves
mostre-me powercurves
покажите мне powercurves
viser seg meg powercurves
向我展示 powercurves




ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,740 Posts
ohiomotoxer said:
Ummmmmm

SHOW ME information from testing.................. reading bores me, I need to see powercurves showing torque/ HP and A/F stock machine vs whatever they do.

Maybe my english is not so good:
mostrarme il powercurves
muéstreme powercurves
Zeigt mir powercurves
Toon aan mij powercurves
mostre-me powercurves
покажите мне powercurves
viser seg meg powercurves
向我展示 powercurves




ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cute.

I would suggest you call Bob and ask him for the data. Phone number is on the website.

It's his deal, not mine.

All I know is his reputation in the racing world....... the REAL dyno.

If he says it's good, I believe him.
 

·
I'm gonna powder his nose
Joined
·
537 Posts
Totenkopf said:
Cute.

I would suggest you call Bob and ask him for the data. Phone number is on the website.

It's his deal, not mine.

All I know is his reputation in the racing world....... the REAL dyno.

If he says it's good, I believe him.

SIGHS........................
Man I don't want to hunt for information or have to CALL anyone............I provide it, take a peek of what I do for a living on our website, I design, dyno test, recalibrate the A/F, defeat the EPA and provide information for the public to makine a sound decision on how to spend their hard earned coin...we TOO have the best riders (in our market) John Natalie, Mike Penland, Bill Ballance..we OWN off road GNCC oh yeah we did Chris Streeter's AHDRA National number one Pro Fuel bike too...

I know it's 99% dirt oriented but I'm just a stickler for information....

Check out some info I provide, it's boring dirt atv stuff but I give info about every aspect that I can to help the end user, THAT sells pipes and answers anything the customer may want to know:
http://hmfengineering.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1150&page=1&pp=10
http://hmfengineering.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1128


Peace, lets have a cold one my friend !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,740 Posts
Sorry if I came off a bit short yesterday afternoon! ;)
my Ex was trying to extort more money out of me again and I wasn't real pleased about it.

I guess my point was, Bob doesn't pay me to defend his product, so I leave that to him, warts and all. He is quirky, highly opinionated but real good at what he does.

I commend you for your excellent documentation. Well done! and I'm smart enough to know that there are other ways to solve problems.

Peace back attcha and I'll buy!!

we'll be racing pretty soon!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top