V-Twin Forum banner
101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Banned
619 Posts
T
It took almost 5K miles to break the rings in before it stopped using oil. Now with almost 80K on the clock and still running well I think I would use Rev cylinders again even if I had to buy a pair of new jugs. I have a 2003 FXST with S&S wheels, cylinders, etc and it doesn't even come close to the performance of the SG. All measured by seat of the pants feeling. A bud of mine who turned me on to the Rev stuff years ago has an FL with almost 200K on the top end with no rebuild. Just my experience.
I have 50k on my 98" rev perf. Rear of both cylinders has marks, that can't be cleaned up. So they would need to be relined and new pistons, which would be $875. I decided to just bore my stock to 95" Reason I would go with stock bored or bigger S&S is you can clean up the iron or bore slightly over a lot cheaper.

I went to their plant to talk to them and have them inspect mine. I was not happy with the upsell on everything. They claimed to be giving me good price for returning customer on the pistons. Which were CP which they don't use any more. They had marks on the skirt area as the cylinders did.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 · (Edited)
You play quite the victim. Yesterday all I said contrary, is I probably wouldn't do what you did, cause I suspect you raised compression.

still havn't shared. How about cam? Carb size? Compression? Type of piston? I am more curious other details, but how about the basics?
Here are the basics
You knew it all yesterday and found endless faults and called me a bragger.
Now-
Stop following me around and finding endless faults and endless BS with your sophomoric quips .

·
Banned
619 Posts
Did I miss any detail or basic info in any of your posts in this thread, other than it is 80" and 100/100? All I am doing is asking. Not sure why you are getting so pissed off. I have never called you a liar or disagreed. Just curious.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not about power-,
But about usability, comfort, and ergonomics.
1, - Installing the street glide tin on my Evo gives me more storage inside the fairing, rain gear stays there.

2, -, -The Fatboy pegs have made it really Ez to drop the exhaust and cam cover when necessary.
3,-, -Movin the mounting points to outside the frame along with the rear master cylinder has made this a better fixable platform to work on.
4,-- the rebuilt swing are along with a stabilizing link has made this just the most stable tracking unit I have ever ridden,
even better than my Honda Goldwing!

What have you done?
I might want to steal more ideas....LOL.
I just wanted to ask if that is a 1st cav patch? my older bro was 1st cav chopper pilot when I was a kid, but his patch looks a bit different.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 · (Edited)
Yes, i was in two different chopper units over there
There are several variations of CAV patches.
Most people have no clue what it means, so I customized it with the Huey and the Ace of Spades.
It is not official..
The plain stripe is.
The Ace of Spades was my first helicopter.
I was a CE,- Crew Engineer or crew chief ..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 · (Edited)
Thanx !
Any ride in a Helicopter is a great ride?
LOL
You _ -Airborn ranger?
or?

What I learned in the military was to shut off the emotions as they were of no help at all.
(esp. in a C.A.)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
One of the most interesting times in the Army was being in the Bastard CAV , that is what we were actually called!!.
Why?
We were attached to the 9th infantry Div after Nam at Fort Lewis
I got to live in the same barracks as you. The AIR BORN RANGERS!
That was a privilege that few have ever had from my side of the fence.
We got to see how GD tough you guys are and how hard you all worked!
HOLY CRAP!
I swear to god if your orders were to eat through a concrete wall it would have happened .
Forever I will be thankful and impressed!
Thankyou !

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yes, i was in two different chopper units over there
There are several variations of CAV patches.
Most people have no clue what it means, so I customized it with the Huey and the Ace of Spades.
It is not official..
The plain stripe is.
The Ace of Spades was my first helicopter.
I was a CE,- Crew Engineer or crew chief ..
Glad ya made it back Mate

·
Registered
698 Posts
Replacing all of the old evo engine a drive train stuff in my FXRs with TC engines and drive trains. Not looking for yet another taste great/less filling debate.

·
Super Moderator
22,401 Posts
Tell me what happened?
I noticed you lived..
Long story that I'm not going to tell here. Short version is that an Alouette II is no match for a trio of well placed zu-23/2's.

Bout 1/2 seconds worth of hits turned that thing into an airborne scrap pile. Then I got to take a 150 mile scenic foot tour of the Cuanavale river.

101 - 120 of 144 Posts