V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not about power-,
But about usability, comfort, and ergonomics.
1, - Installing the street glide tin on my Evo gives me more storage inside the fairing, rain gear stays there.

2, -, -The Fatboy pegs have made it really Ez to drop the exhaust and cam cover when necessary.
3,-, -Movin the mounting points to outside the frame along with the rear master cylinder has made this a better fixable platform to work on.
4,-- the rebuilt swing are along with a stabilizing link has made this just the most stable tracking unit I have ever ridden,
even better than my Honda Goldwing!

What have you done?
I might want to steal more ideas....LOL.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, if you have to.................LOL
If you do then I will ..
but a lot of folks here will get all pissy and think we are bragging.
However, i think it is a "RITE" to riding these things for so long?
For sure a 100 hp on tap makes touring a LOT more fun and no mountain pass slows ya dwn !
Passing a 1/2 mile of cars in a snap is makes one feel sort of good too?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell me more!
How tall are you?
No, I don't want a date LOL
I want to know if your version of a great seat would fit my 6-foot body

·
Registered
2008 Dyna Super Glide Custom, 2015 BMW K1600GTL
215 Posts
Tell me more!
How tall are you?
No, I don't want a date LOL
I want to know if your version of a great seat would fit my 6-foot body
I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam, but that doesn't matter. They make a seat to fit you specifically. You contact them, give them your specific dimensions which include height, inseam, weight. They ask for pictures of you on your bike with your feet up, with your feet down and they spec the seat to you. It's not cheap, and it takes a while, but it is hands down the best seat I've ever had. It's not comparable to anything else on the market, I tried Mean City Cycles, and Corbin, and while better, nowhere near what a Russell Day Long is.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not about power-,
But about usability, comfort, and ergonomics.
1, - Installing the street glide tin on my Evo gives me more storage inside the fairing, rain gear stays there.

2, -, -The Fatboy pegs have made it really Ez to drop the exhaust and cam cover when necessary.
3,-, -Movin the mounting points to outside the frame along with the rear master cylinder has made this a better fixable platform to work on.
4,-- the rebuilt swing are along with a stabilizing link has made this just the most stable tracking unit I have ever ridden,
even better than my Honda Goldwing!

What have you done?
I might want to steal more ideas....LOL.
Bars,, cables,, cam,, chain tensioner, Dynojet power vision,, seat, rear shocks,, Dunlop American tires.. saddle bags.. Vance and Hines big shots.. looks and runs great…👍

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
After a "by the book" break in with the '99 RoadKing, the {dealer installed} EFI, stage1 set up was a real eye opener. I can still feel the new punch... along with a big smile.

Reactions: FXDL/I 88CI

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good point on the tires, they do make a difference in a ride.
I run Avon Cobra.
So far the best tire i have had on, not counting real race tires.
That might change as soon as something better comes along.
For sure they are not the longest-lasting, But they have stiction and gription!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shocks--I did try to get better then factory but did not want to spend my monthly drinking allowance
I bought Progresives......
i wish I had spent more as they are just JUNK .
Expensive junk.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
On the FLHTI, Shorter windshield, windshield pouches make night riding under streetlights much better and a quick place to store and access keys, change, and a rag.
Detachable mounts with backrest, rack, and tour pak offer choices
A cigarette lighter outlet in the tour pak lets me keep modern conveniences charged, locked up, and out of the weather at the same time.
The trailer hitch lets me ride the bike to town instead of the pickup. It makes the wife happy on long trips too.

On my shovelheads, stripping all that crap off and leaving the bare minimum has always worked for me.

·
Super Moderator
22,408 Posts
Ok, if you have to.................LOL
If you do then I will ..
but a lot of folks here will get all pissy and think we are bragging.
However, i think it is a "RITE" to riding these things for so long?
For sure a 100 hp on tap makes touring a LOT more fun and no mountain pass slows ya dwn !
Passing a 1/2 mile of cars in a snap is makes one feel sort of good too?

I kind of like giving those new CVO owners a dose of reality.

And when I see a 124 or 131 M8 with a SE Tuner, I've been known to talk a little smack about my little old 96 inch sleeper.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good point on the tires, they do make a difference in a ride.
I run Avon Cobra.
So far the best tire i have had on, not counting real race tires.
That might change as soon as something better comes along.
For sure they are not the longest-lasting, But they have stiction and gription!
Handlebars and tires are usually the first thing I changed…then the seat. After that… performance add ons. 55 years of Harley’s .. you tend to learn a little bit.. 👍🇺🇸

1 - 20 of 144 Posts