V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
Reality is when some asshat turns left in front of you.....with about 50 feet to spare....and you barely have time to get the first part of "WHAT THE FUUU!!!" out. Puckers your ass and makes you ready to take a ballpeen to their noggin.

That's reality.

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
Damn Jim.....mmmmm.....huh......whatever you perceive it to be....

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Your personal reality is truth in the philosophical sense...it's your perception of the world around you...reality defined by the masses is a largely democratic process, in other words to dwell outside accepted norms is to refute reality and your actions are viewed as abnormal by those same masses...

~!Awesome! I got abnormal I'll never use...

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
It is a figment of your imagination

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
It is the Truth.

In our time we hear “there is no absolute truth.” This comes from confusing one’s own Agenda and Truth.

If there is no absolute Truth, then all that appears to be truth is merely superstition.

It is true that one cannot, of oneself, devise Truth. One cannot create Truth; one can only discover or learn It.

That is reality.

Or maybe it is this: Reality is what we Experience

The spectrum of experiences is infinite therefore reality is Infinite

Our reality is created collectively - perceptions are created Individually

So is Truth infinite? :xhere:

I need a beer.

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
What reality is, at any given time, is an ever-changing entity — and a reflection of the truisms, the constants and the variables affecting the individual whose reality exists at that point in time. And for me, reality is having to get up and go to work in the morning. So good night, fellow philosophers.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Wake up man. its all just a dream.

"Turn on, tune in, drop out"

·
<><
3,971 Posts
Accepted reality is easy. It's the realities we deny that cause turmoil. Denial is one of, if not THE most powerful of human thoughts. It hides the truth, to protect us from a reality that we believe will hurt us. These denials can be semi-conscious, or completely unconscious. In either case, we will fight vehemently to protect/enforce a position/state that stems from denied reality -- even to death, which, ironically, is the greatest fear that one is fighting to defend (protecting one's life). Defensiveness, by the way, is a manifestation of denial.

This gives birth to the belief that reality is whatever you perceive it to be. This world of truths, half-truths, and denied truths, then, does become one's own reality, though, in and of its self is not reality.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Reality is the world YOU live in.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Reality is the fact we are spinning around on a huge globe warmed by a star out in the middle of space. !drunk!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts