V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my buddy has a 1999 FLH with SE203 cam, 95 kit, 48 mikuni, and stock heads.

Any recommends on what SE ingnition module to use? Is 6200 RPM too much for the stock heads? He may not take it that high up, but I would hat for something to happen.

thanks

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
A 48 Mik ........man thats a big carb for 95. I ran a crane for a while and there was something about the module I never did like....switched to a Dyna and have been happy.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What Ignition Module

Frankly I agree. That is a lot of carb, and he had to modify the tank to get it in.

If he gets a 6200 rev limiter will the stock heads be able to handle it?

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
It's A Pushrod Motor

I may be old fashioned,goin' from a shovel to a tc,but i use a dtt,and i never rev my motor past 5k As soon as the tax refund comes in ,i'll do a mild 95'',and after a good dyno tune,i'll set my limiter back to 5200.

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
I do not see why the engine would not handle 6200......its designed for that. Just guessing but I think the bike is going to be a poor performer with such a big carb and stock heads that there is going to be very little danger in hitting the rev limiter and doing damage. I would think the intake velocity is going to really suffer. But hey its his bike and thats part of the fun of owning one.....you get to do what ever you want to with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts