V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've wondered what Harley seats(or third party) will fits a 2018 through 2020 Fat Bob. Note: Some of the Road Kings and Ultimate/Deluxe seats are wide to give a very comfortable ride. If you have modified a wide seat to fit on a 2018-2020 Fat Bob, I would interested in hearing what you did to modify the seat OR what other seat will fit. I have a 2018 Fat Bob and my brother has a 2020 Fat Bob. I got the Mustang 16" wide, with backrest(#79334) for my 2018 Fat Bob. Any advice would help. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Mustang with backrest (79334) is wide enough, but it covers my rear end, but it is built like a Police seat, and the seat with it thick padding(rear seat thickness) is a bout 4" inches thick, and moves me forward a full 2", than the stock seat.
I might have to take-out 1" inch of foam, from back of seat. Don't know if that's possible, might make the cover wrinkle.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Ask Google for an upholsterer. Be sure to look at samples of their work. I once had gel put in the leather seat. It was beautiful until I sat on it in the hot sun. Fried my azz.lol

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Google? I could find someone to modify the seat, very easily. One guy wanted $350 to modify/add foam(etc) to the stock seat. I would do it myself before I would pay someone $350. Stock seat wasn't terrible, but i wanted a wider seat and a backrest. The Mustang seat is nice. I'm getting more used to it, the more I drive. I'll drive more and just see how it works out. I was just used to more width, going foward to the tank. They said it takes 15 minutes to break in. I believe it takes longer than that. Put 250 miles on it and it is feeling a little better.(probably because of the backrest). But Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts