V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 wideglide with custom painted tins but I am looking to put on original harley painted tins back on.
Problem is, the 02 tins very rarely show up on ebay where I am looking to purchase them from, but there are a lot of nice 04 and 05 tins. Will they mount to my 02 without major modifying?

·
B-Rad, BFMC 104
537 Posts
Don't quote me, But I think that 02-05 CARB models are interchangable. But FI tank will require mods to fit your application.

Easiest way may be to look up a set on HD site ans see what years it's listed for.

Good luck
Brad

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm slowly trying to attempt just the opposite, looking to put maybe a wideglide tank on my '04 Lowrider EFI. I don't wanna "ruin" my OE paint, just tryin' to get a unique look to the Dyna.

·
B-Rad, BFMC 104
537 Posts
Based on my own 10 minutes browsing HD's site, the rear fender is the same on 02-05, the tanks on 04-05 are interchangable on CARB or EFI models, but not interchangable with earlier models without mods.
Based on what I see on Ebay, the 04-05 tanks have the large hole in the top for the fuel plate, whereas the older models had a solid top tank.

For the lowrider, I have no idea if WG tank would be able to fit, I'd go down to the dealer and take some measurments of the tank you'd like to put on it and see how they compare.

Good luck
Brad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts