V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know, it's slim pickins for non power robbing exhaust systems for our fxr's. I currently have a lousy set of older samsons. (atleast thats what they are suppose to be)

Anyway, i'm gonna be changing them out and probably putting on a set of Python 3's. From what i've found that fit, the Python 3's appear to be the best choice for good sound and reasonable power increases...

Have any of you found any other brands that fit the bill?
Also, what are you currently running?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Khrome Werks

Cowboy, I run Khrome Werks HP+ on my 03 FLSTC. Great sound and performance, imho. Stage 1 and occassional tweaking of the rejetted carb. Look very much like the OEM mufflers, which I like. Good luck on getting the ones you like. Ez

Eternity...it's hell without Jesus.

·
Premium FNG :)
81 Posts
When the time comes, I'm planning on running a Thunderheader.

·
Registered
487 Posts
i run a thunderheader but cycle shack using the XP baffle are a good choice

·
FXR
117 Posts
White Brothers 2 into 1 E-Series with 16 Disks. These are top notch for performance improvement! White Brothers recently quit making these, but they can still be found. Also, Supertrapp 2 into 1s are very similar.

·
90 FXRS LOWRIDER
553 Posts
yeah, having a 90 fxrs can suk, finding parts is an issue in itself sometimes. but finding things that you like, well, a whole new ball game. i too am looking at a new exhaust, but 2:1.....i will not. i absolutely hate the looks of 2:1 systems. i am looking at the pythons to, also v&h, samson and maybe the porkers hi lo shotgun is a sweet lookin exhaust. i am not so worried about horse power and all.

i was just gettin ready to put an exhaust discussion in the fxr forum here, but you beat me to it. thanks

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CycleShack and Pythons are about it for 2-2 exhausts. I saw this set of Bubb DoubleCrossers that the guy said fit the fxr's and some softtail models with the included adapter. They looked pretty sweet but I coudnt varify the fit, nor could I get any info on the pipes that were made for our bikes....

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,853 Posts
I've got the E-pipe on mine too. For 2-2s I'm pretty sure V&H still make some. I took V&H straight shots off mine.

Joe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Trying some new ones

I've had the tappered and staggerd AR-II's on since 95' , they were not bad at all, good performance boost, nice chrome, and loud when you wanted. After breaking Exhaust mounts for the third time I am currently waiting my new set from cyborgcyles in ID. Bought some Bub enterprises Stubbies with removable baffles and rotating end caps. I'll let you know how they work.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
8-Ball said:
True Dual Rineharts... they match my bike with the black end caps... It's all about the look... uh ... ride. Yeah... thats it.
You got any pic's?

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
I currently run a thunderheader 2into 1, but I work very closely with our dyno guy, and he says the V&H propipe is working the best right now!

·
Registered
11 Posts
New Screaming Eagle Pipes

I Just bought a 2006 Ultra classic. I have a K&n air filter on this bike and just bought a set of screaming eagle slip on 64903-99 one piece slash down. Do you have to have the bike recalibrated to run these pipes and air cleaner. Thanks for your help:blink:

·
Registered
29 Posts
standard

i run the standard system,,,i pissed off the crossover tube though, looks great sounds even better with no noticable power loss:and whats even better,its as cheap as sh#t.i did it myself

·
Registered
11 Posts
evenin
i'm new here. thought i'd chime in here, i have a 91 fxr it's had several types of exhaust systems form stock to thunderheader, v&h's , cycle shacks, and now python2's , i'd have to say the C/S's and the pythons are my favorits
thunderheader did work the best but a little too load for me and we put forward controls on and this thunderheader wouldn't work anymore so off they came and the v&h's ...well i just didn't care for them , over priced for sure.

good luck with ur quest, hope this helps some

fringe

1 - 20 of 70 Posts