V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Road King classic, and am looking to get a custom paint job. Keeping in mind I would want the tank, both fenders and the two side cases painted (bags are leather) what might I expect to pay? What are your experiences (please indicate which pieces were painted). Any particular pitfall? I am leaning towards black with some sort of flames/design, not sure yet.

thx, greg

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Hey Greg,

I painted only the tank which was about $800.00 for my FLHRCI.

Check out www.robinshogpaint.com

I also spent about $40 in labor and $10 in tank gaskets and new sheet metal screws. I needed to replace these since I purchased an extra gas tank off of Ebay that had been used, and had it repainted instead of the original one.

good luck...it definately makes a big difference with new paint!

·
Registered
127 Posts
My bike, painted by a local woman, with lots of hand-painted graphics, was $1600. Tank and both fenders. Less graphics and more just design type stuff would be considerably less expensive.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Depending on what you do it could cost anything. Get an idea of what you want and go to some local shops for quotes or talk to some of the local indy shops, they always know the guys with the talant. Sporty Kid, slick little ride!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
You should tell that artist to stop gypping herself. That job is worth at least $3k. I spent close to $5 on my Road King.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the fairing done on my Ultra Classic Eletra Gluide which cost me $1400. I plan on having the rest done this winter and the estimate is that it will cost about another $1500. When you have it done though make sure that they do quality work look at other jobs that they done and talk to the owners.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts