V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was just wondering what you all use for healing on your new tattoos. I used to use bactracin....It worked well but ruined all of my clothes. Then i switched to A+D ointment which is pretty much the same as bacitracin. Now I use this stuff called ocean foam, and i love it. It comes out like shaving cream and rubs in nicley. It does not leave any goey residue like the other 2 i mentioned. I use it for 4 days then stop and the peeling process begins. If you ask me this stuff is great and i swear that the color is brighter on the tatoos that i used the ocean foam. I was wondering what you all used as i have heard some pretty wild remedys for healing while spending my time in the tatto shoppe??? let me know...thanks guys:thumbsup:

·
Registered
507 Posts
1st tat I got I used A&D, but it left a nice row of pimples on the outer edge of the tat. Now I use bactracin for about 2 days and then use hand lotion w/ aloe.

·
Ridin' with the King
1,352 Posts
I used this stuff called "InkFixx" on my newest one. It's almost like a wax and is not all greasy and slimey like ointment. It healed incredibly fast and the colors did not blur out. I will definitely use it again.

·
90 FXRS LOWRIDER
553 Posts
yep A & D for several days then lubriderm "fragarance free" lotion. also use dial antibacterial soap when washing for first few days and keep away from any steamy showers and such. (this always sucks in the winter time.)

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
New tattoo care

I use Bacitraycin Plus. Not a lot, just a thin film works for me and my tats look great and heal just fine. I never knew these things were addictive when I got my first one 20something years ago. EZ

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I have a great friend that has been a tattoo artist for about 10 yrs now and all the tattoo's I have gotten from him, and there are a lot of them, He has told me to use just straight Lubriderm Lotion. I use the fragrance free kind. I use it immediately after getting the tattoo all the way thru the healing process. I have lots of color pieces and black and grey and I am always healed up completely within a week. I just got some more done on my left leg saturday, and I am going with the lubriderm again but he said there is another product out there now called tattoo goo and he swears by it too. I found that the a/d ointment was way to greasy and it did break out my skin too. Just remember to do not use too much lotion. If it is shiney you have to much on and need to wipe off the excess.

This is the website of the shop he works at....
http://www.toocoolworld.com/tim.htm

If any of you have any questions I'm sure he would answer them...Tell hom Dan told you to e-mail him ..

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool guys thanks for the replies. I was just curious as to what the others were using and if and how it worked out for them. Thanks for the input...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Tattoo Goo has definitely worked for me. I am a slow healer, usually 2 weeks, but brighter colors than when I used Bactricin. Now if I could only remember to put sunblock on prior to going for a ride....

·
A Bit Off Center
31 Posts
First four days I use triple antibiotic ointment. The trick is just don't put on a thick layer of whatever it is that you use. Just let the tat heal. It's really the hardest part of getting a tat and getting it done.

My newest tat is a sleeve job and I used a body lotion from Mary Kay after the fourth day. My wife had to damn near hold a gun to my head to get me to try it. No sting, no smell, no greasy feeling. Also has a built in sun block about 50.

That ocean foam sounds like the trick, maybe I'll try that for my next tat.

·
Registered
248 Posts
healing tat's

well, I'm far from an expert, as I just got my first tat....a black and gray.

However, I have been using the Tattoo Goo that my artist told me to use, and it appears to work great! I'm almost healed after 7 days, or so it appears.

I also bought, from tattoogoostore.com, a tattoo goo "kit" that had lotion, soap, color guard (ie sunblock)... probably no better than lubriderm or soft soap, but what the hell, seems to work nice.

The tattoo goo lotion is very mild, but does provide relief from the friggin itching!! lol

ace57
'05 FXDL "molly"

·
Registered
19 Posts
tattoo healing/keeping colors bright

I also use tattoo goo. It keeps the colors bright while healing. I have used many times and this seems to be the best.

·
Registered
156 Posts
At the advice of my first tattoo artist I used lotion alone, result scabbing and fading. I learned that lotion is a bad idea.

Got stationed somewhere else.... Got second tattoo
On his advice I used Bacitration, tatttoo healed great and still looks great

Again, got stationed elsewhere... Got third tattoo
Tried "Ink Fix" It kept the tattoo from healing at all, so after a week or so I switched to bacitration and the tattoo healed right up and looks great.

So, to sum it all up, I will use and recomend simple bacitration ointment to anyone and everyone I meet that asks.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Usually whatever the shop gives me. Most of time it's been Tattoo Goo or A&D ointment.

8 tattoos from 4 different shops (US and Germany)

·
Registered
769 Posts
knitsocks said:
Usually whatever the shop gives me. Most of time it's been Tattoo Goo or A&D ointment.

8 tattoos from 4 different shops (US and Germany)

Lubriderm .... uncented. rat

·
Registered
6 Posts
getting a pretty good sized one on back, have had two setting so far and have atleast two more to go, been using neosperm first two or three days thin avon moisture therapy after. Hope im not srewing it up with the neosperm, but seems to be working well so far, shure takes away some of the first day burns.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
My artist gave me Tattoo Goo. Used it for a week or so and followed up with Vaseline Intensive Care w/aloe. Sunblock of 30 spf or better when exposed out of doors. Works for me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts