V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This survey are only for those whose currently living in "god countries"..i..e..windchill minus in double digits,snow as high as your garage rooftop..etc..this survey does not apply to Texas, Florida or Californi riders...please.

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
I was going to say bugs but then I thought of construction barrels.
:whistle:

I am joking ;)

I can handle the cold as well as the hot, what I really miss is the longer days.

·
CMA-er
973 Posts
I ride, still, but mostly to work and back for 45 mile rides. I miss being able to just put on my boots, chaps, and jacket and helmet and hop on. Piling on the heated pants, wind pants, heated jacket liner, jacket, windbreaker, neck scarf, and making sure they're all plugged in, is too much of a hassel for the normal summer jaunt to the store or Starbucks. It's the cage for those trips :badmood:

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Jams said:
....what I really miss is the longer days.
Winter days are exactly the same length as in spring, summer and fall.

All are 24 hours long. :yes:

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
wyodude said:
Winter days are exactly the same length as in spring, summer and fall.

All are 24 hours long. :yes:
Yes --- but the hours during a summer day have light in them. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
141 Posts
What I miss the most during winter is warmth. I keep trying to talk my wife in to moving to Arizona, New Mexico or west Texas where it is warm all year.

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
:banana: Today, high of 38 degrees, sun shining, and little to no wind. Was dying to get on the bike but just couldn't bring myself to get on all the ****, uncover the bike, etc., etc., etc. The need to ride has not yet exceeded my laziness. But it will soon. My home is not in the "snow to the roof" zone, so acceptable riding days appear in Dec and Jan. Waiting for one above forty degrees. Long range forecast looks good for next week.

Lefty

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
It was about 40* here, I was considering going. About then a flock of geese flew over and shortly there after an eagle, in pursuit...Top Gun for sure. Truly something to witness. Its winter here, there are other things to see & do.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Jams said:
Yes --- but the hours during a summer day have light in them. :thumbsup:
Could be wrong but a winter day has light too....maybe less hours of light but still light :whistle:

edited to say:

Had to go back and look to make sure that you didn't live in Alaska, but you don't so above statement still applies :)

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
fijfi said:
Could be wrong but a winter day has light too....maybe less hours of light but still light :whistle:

edited to say:

Had to go back and look to make sure that you didn't live in Alaska, but you don't so above statement still applies :)
But I have been to Alaska :sofa:

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I am fortunate enough to live in Central Illinois and am able to ride all year long.

I miss out on nothing! :D

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Without a doubt...sunshine.

Ohio winters are seriously gray and overcast most of the time. Terribly depressing...

·
Registered
5 Posts
warmth,right now it is 19degrees-windchill7,2inchs of snow and still snowing. i agree with mountainman arizona sounds real good right now. i miss the green grass, the leaves on the trees, the dry roads, the fact that i can see most hazards at 5:30 in the morning.ridin to work every day without having to worry about my bike gettin snowed or rained on, my old lady behind me and not bitchen cause its too cold. not leavin a snot trail a mile back. ok now iam depressed again,thanks alot!:sucks:

·
Registered
213 Posts
When you say no California riders, you MUST be refering to those that live in the LA Basin, or there abouts -where they have smog all year.

Those of us who live in Big Tree Country, The Sierra Nevada, Cascades or the nothern Centeral Valley experience Rain, Snow, Sleet, Hail, fog and tempatures that would cause a lawyer to put his hands in his own pockets. Everyone in my club wears a strom patch.

For the unenlightened, California has three distinct weather groups. Yesterday I got up early and the temp ws below 30, a fine coat of frost on everything. And, we ain't get cold yet.

·
Retired
1,832 Posts
I miss clear roads and 40 degree temps.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Sunny, calm and -13 at my place this morning. My bike is tucked away under cover and heated. This is the time of year I get all the stuff done that I've put off over the summer because I'm too busy riding. I pass the time reading and researching different products etc then get the work done while the white stuff falls so I'm ready come spring. Here in my neck of the woods it'll be mid March before we'll see any decent riding days.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts