V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked with a local Indy mechanic about doing a build on my TC96.

New cams
port and CC heads along with larger valves
bore cylinders to 103CI
new pistons
New tune

$2100

·
Registered
917 Posts
i would be careful...the biggest cost by far is the headwork....and is most important in getting the performance.

i have seen a lot of really bad port jobs by "the local guy who has 15 years of experience"

your guy may be a stud...just do your homework.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's no problem with this guy, he's done work for me in the past and nurmous builds for other guys with no problems.

That price is parts and labor. Keep in mind guys I'm in North Carolina and not Calif. the cost of living is about half.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
ejk_dyna said:
i would be careful...the biggest cost by far is the headwork....and is most important in getting the performance.

i have seen a lot of really bad port jobs by "the local guy who has 15 years of experience"

your guy may be a stud...just do your homework.
I agree we see plenty of heads and the after math of the shops qouting just that. We have done plenty of the 96 engines and thus far have found that with head work done correctly and a cam free flowing exhaust that you can look to see 95+ hp and tq in the 103 range with just a SE 204 cam. Budget wise you are not out of pocket much for that kit. Use the Fulsac exhaust kit and you have a great running bike on a budget.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts