V-Twin Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
years ago we used to crack a beer right in the middle of the hyway...super hot days on very desalate hyways btw....when i went on my 1st long ride on my new to me pile(all fixes done) i had a rattle...got home and it was the stupid horn assy...ha!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
It depends on your abilities, if you have no clue how to change a tire on the side of the road, it would make no sense at all to carry the tools?

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
The tool kit on /5 Beemers works well for roadside work on the bike. Repaired the rear tire/tube three times one trip. The bikes come with a center stand which allows either tire to be removed as needed.
With wire wheel Harleys, its "call for transport"... and possible change of venue.

·
Registered
2015 Ultra, 2003 Softail
21 Posts
Bless you gents for being able to rebuild your motor in the middle of the desert with a pair of pliers and a screwdriver. There are a few of us who just don't have that motor experience...yet.
So AAA, cell phone and Glock 19 // CZ-75 (backup). I'm working on getting my folding AK to fit in tour pak!! That's a future forum start.
Skip

·
Banned
619 Posts
Bless you gents for being able to rebuild your motor in the middle of the desert with a pair of pliers and a screwdriver. There are a few of us who just don't have that motor experience...yet.
So AAA, cell phone and Glock 19 // CZ-75 (backup). I'm working on getting my folding AK to fit in tour pak!! That's a future forum start.
Skip
What about just a loose nut? Plenty of those. I'd hate to wait hours for something I couldn't tighten up in a few minutes.

·
Registered
2015 Ultra, 2003 Softail
21 Posts
What about just a loose nut? Plenty of those. I'd hate to wait hours for something I couldn't tighten up in a few minutes.
I just relearned the importance of lock tight and cheap parts. My tour pak actually broke/came loose from the 4 point mount. Snapped off the bushing and the upper TP locking mechanism came off. That could have been a very bad moment had the Queen been on the bike. Went straight to Stealer and bought a new docking system. I just didn't think to ck the tour pak connections. I go thru the bike every spring and ck ALL nuts and bolts as I do all the fluids.. etc The tour pak, I figured was good since I rarely use it, now I check everything, new or not. Yes I do carry a small group of tools and it just got larger for the little things. Lesson learned.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts