Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 XLH1200 and a GL1500 Wing.
Spend most of my riding time on the Sportster
because it's the most fun to ride and nuthin'
on this planet sounds sweeter than a Harley
with a nice set of pipes on it. I've got SEII's
on mine which are just loud enough for me.
I do a lot of exploring the countryside around
here and the Sportster is ideal for that.
When the wife wants to go for a ride we jump
on the Wing because she likes the room it has
for her.
Ride Safe and keep the Shiny Side up. :cool:

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
I (ahem,, er the wife) has a '96 Honda VLX 600. 25K on the odometer. Also have a '01 FXD.
I ride the Hog, the wife rides the Hondadavidson now.:rolleyes: I still take it for a ride now and then to remember all the fun I used to have with almost 1/3 the cc's I have now. Maybe if she behaves I'll get her a sporty. :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
I now ride an 96 Ultra-Classic. If I could afford it, I'd have an 1800 Goldwing for when I want to go mach II with my hair on fire.:)

But, I must say the Harley is more fun to ride.

Ride Safe
Masher

·
Registered
308 Posts
Presently have a 02 GL1800 which is on the block, if you wet your hair first and wear a helmet it won't catch on fire. Waiting on a 03 Ultra, want something with more soul and less plastic.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Soul Bike

Ultra39
You said well what I thought about the Harley.Something that
I always hated was the chrome coated plastic that is really
expensive when replacing (Or jazzing the bike up)

I like the steel & Real chrome.

Masher

*GO STEELERS

·
Registered
12 Posts
'89 GL1500. The best touring bike I have ever owned. Reliable, fast, comfortable and fun to ride. I would like to have a Sportster for cruising around town though. By the way, the Goldwing is made in the USA. If you ride by me, I'll wave, don't care what you are riding. At least your riding. Can't wait for the warm weather again.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Goldwing

AFS you make good points about the Wing.I've had two and there
great machines.Like I said I wish I could afford both !! HMMM,the
power ball is over 100 million !!!
Masher

·
Registered
116 Posts
2003 flhrci but I also have ....

a 1979 Yamaha 650XS that my brother is riding until his dyna wide glide comes in. When I get it back I am going to make a flat tracker clone out of it and ride it to work from time to time. There is a company making the parts for this and they call the converted bikes "street trackers". Pretty cool looking.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I really like your V-max. I have and had many Asian motorcycles. I just don't think its really cool linking a anti-Harley web site here. Leery of your intentions. Merry Christmas and have a great New Year.

·
Registered
116 Posts
2DEUCE said:
I really like your V-max. I have and had many Asian motorcycles. I just don't think its really cool linking a anti-Harley web site here. Leery of your intentions. Merry Christmas and have a great New Year.
I have to agree that it is in very bad taste. A site like this goes to the trouble of acknowledging many of us rode (or do ride) other bikes and sets up a forum just for that and then a link like that is posted. Come on man be civil here at least.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ham,

Ah a V-Max! The original hot rod cruiser. What I would have bought had Harley not produced the V-Rod. Here is my other toy:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
02 Road king, plus a new Suzuki SV 650 for Xmas. Haven't ridden the zuki much yet, got it for aroung town and occasional use on ther twisties.

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
I just sold a cherry '84 V-65 & a '92 GoldWing to help me buy the 2003 Ultra. I really wish that I had kept the V-65, I miss the power kick. It would be good to have when the V-rod boys start acting up. 1984 Honda power beating 2003 power, sport bikes excepted!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 02 Ultra but whenever I ride with a friend who has a 01 GL1800 Goldwing, we switch rides for a while. I still can't believe the power and handling that the new Goldwing has. That thing will pull the front wheel off the ground with full throttle in 1st gear and on the 1-2 upshift. Well that is when it gets traction. And all I have to do is think of where I want to go and that bike is there. I wish my Ultra had that power but if I try to get that kind of power out of my Ultra, the thing will not be reliable and no doubt leave me stranded. But I still prefer my Ultra. However someday, maybe.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts