V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK everyone can tell me what all the letters mean, thats the easy part. But where do I go to find out what I have if all i have is my VIN? Tried going to harleys web site but unles I am watning to buy some clothes, jewlery or a new bike theres not much help there.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Need more Data, the Parts Catalog has a VIN number breakdown in the front.
What type of bike; EVO, TC, Shovel, What frame; touring, softail, dyna?
And :welcome: to the forum.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
LittleBear said:
Just checked my VIN number in the parts catalogue and it definitely says I have a bitchin' bad assed bike!!! Cool. It also states in the code that white is definitely faster than black. So there you have it... a definitive answer straight from the MoCo. Again... cool!!!! ... and it is all contained in the VIN code... who knew.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LittleBear said:
I am looking this stuff up for my cousin. He has a 2001 Heratage softail TC and that is all I can really tell you till I get back up to his house.

I on the other hand have a 88 FLHS and could tell you anything you wanted to know about it. He is just nervous about computers and wont look stuff up for himself

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
8-Ball said:
Just checked my VIN number in the parts catalogue and it definitely says I have a bitchin' bad assed bike!!! Cool. It also states in the code that white is definitely faster than black. So there you have it... a definitive answer straight from the MoCo. Again... cool!!!! ... and it is all contained in the VIN code... who knew.
and if you play it backwards, it wil say satanic stuff!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts