V-Twin Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I guess I am going to name mine "Smokey". It is Black, got all smoked lenses and since I am as those old truck drivers say a (Smokey Bear) in real life I guess it just fits. Happy Trails...

Attachments

·
glodigger
442 Posts
Old post new laughs, old blue for a new bike shows my absolute lack of imagination

Reactions: BixsGirl

·
Registered
4 Posts
Our choice of a 2008 Harley Sportster 883XL was constantly encountering ridicule by others, with one of my fiancé's coworkers saying it wasn't a real Hog; just a Piglet. So I gave my guy a Disney Piglet (from Winnie the Pooh) decal to put on the gas tank and we now affectionately refer to our small bike as The Piglet. Fast forward a few years and we were blessed to obtain financing for a 2016 Road King. The one previous owner (president of our local HOG chapter) kept it in immaculate condition. I call it the Piglet's big brother, because both are black bikes, and also The King. Off-topic, it feels much better to have air shocks than to feel like you're hard-tailing when you already have a broken tailbone.

·
Premium Member
1998 FLHTCUI Ultra Classic 95th Anniversary
14 Posts
The name of my 1998 FLHTCUI is "Topper". It was the name of Hopalong Cassidy's horse and also the name of my grandad's horse.

·
Registered
2013 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
119 Posts
I named my ride Black Pearl, as Captain Jack Sparrow quoted (sorta)
It's not just wheels and a Engine and handle bars. That's what a Harley needs.
But what a Harley is.... what the Black Pearl really is ......is FREEDOM
She does get called other names while working on her, she never talks back, but she sometimes gives me knuckle busters.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Naming a bike, indicates that you talk to it. If I'm talking to or at one of mine, it had better answer to motherfuker or pieceofshit.
I have to sweet talk mine and say stuff like "C'mon Good Girl, you're gonna like this when I'm done. Just a little cooperation... Please! but sometimes she seems like an attention whore and will make me spend alot of time with her. More then should be needed. If I start calling her names and swearing she will dig in her heels and get real stubborn.
So basically (most of the time) I call her "Good Girl" HaHa!

·
Registered
17,509 Posts
Naming a bike, indicates that you talk to it. If I'm talking to or at one of mine, it had better answer to motherfuker or pieceofshit.
Mine usually get the same.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

41 - 56 of 56 Posts