V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
This is why ....

This is gonna sound a little, well, maybe high schoolish, but my dad used to take my brother and I to all those old car shows during the 70's. He always wanted a 'Vette and will never forget the day he got his first 'Vette. But - it was always old school tradition to name your "toy" a girls name. When I got my Heritage in 2008, I spent some time thinking about what to name my new found love. Then I was on my way home from work, and being a HUGE Allman Brothers fan, heard a song I had not heard in a few years.

So - my baby's name is Melissa, after the Allman Brothers song "Sweet Melissa". I don't have it painted or anything on her yet, but, if you want a real reason as to why I named my baby "Melissa", try this:
This is why I love this Forum. Thanks for posting the trailer photo - there is a ton of truth there! I may have to pass this on to a few friends.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
1972 Aermacchi HD (AMF) SX350, yellow, called him Buzz
1972 Aermacchi HD (AMF) SX350, gray, called him Gunny
2005 Sportster XL883, black, Willy D Skull tags, called him Skully
1998 Dyna Super Glide, Black, called her Beautiful

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
My wife talks to her bike, and swears it can hear her. I have given up on telling her it is an assembly of parts that cannot hear.. LOL.. Her bikes' name is Cheex and is on her vanity plate. When we first met, she asked me what my bike name is. I told her it is nothing more than a f-ing old piece of s*it, so I now call it FOPOS..

·
moved on
13,396 Posts
My wife talks to her bike, and swears it can hear her. I have given up on telling her it is an assembly of parts that cannot hear.. LOL.. Her bikes' name is Cheex and is on her vanity plate. When we first met, she asked me what my bike name is. I told her it is nothing more than a f-ing old piece of s*it, so I now call it FOPOS..
I have a lifetime membership to OFOPOS, have the t shirt, patch.
and the POS

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
Well I didnt name mine after some Chic' but I did name it after the song "Rollmeaway" cause after she started to Whine I stopped at a truck stop in Thunder Bay ... got off & handed her 50 cents. When she asked me what is that for I said you''ll figure it out... Now I have to go to the boys room Ill meet ya in the restaurant. Once I was done in the boys room I headed back out to the bike and road west ... Now I wonder if she used the money for a coffee or made a call home ... or maybe she still there cause she was Blonde

ahahhahahahahhaaaaaa

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Since ya axed, my son Ken the computer wiz, gave me a present a coupla years ago: he built his old man a webpage to explain how my old flathead came to be named "Ol' Tex," using something I wrote long ago: http://www.37ul.com/ if you want a little something to read. He's a great kid!

·
Registered
22 Posts
My bike's name is H-B, short for Hellboy.
My last bike, 2008 Honda Shadow (only had 9 months!) was named Black Betty. When I named the bike, I didn't realize how that name would sound later. For example, "I rode Black Betty on Saturday". Not right for me!
I stick to guy names now!

21 - 40 of 56 Posts