V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is common to naming toys that you own; i.e. cars, boats, estates... I just wanted to find out what people have named their bike!

If the name is painted or shown on the bike somehow, provide a picture of your beauty!

~R

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I never got around to naming my starter bike (non-HD), but did have a few ideas rattling around in my brain-housing group.

Yesterday I picked up my first Harley; a black 2004 Softail Deuce! I see myself being on this bike for a long time, and feel that she definitely deserves a name, so I have named her Bella Noir!

I intend on finding a pin-striper who can paint the name on in a nice script, and once I do, I will definitely post some pics!

~R

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
Why name an inanimate object?

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Funny Story

I know it is common to naming toys that you own; i.e. cars, boats, estates... I just wanted to find out what people have named their bike!

If the name is painted or shown on the bike somehow, provide a picture of your beauty!

~R
Wife and I are walking the dogs through the neighborhood and I saw a "middle-aged" neighbor had a new Corvette in his driveway and I said to the wife, look...he's got a silver di*k. Well, with a new ultra classic in the garage, my wife said, "Well, what about your black di*k?" Yeah, I'm not a brother and yeah, my bike's name is Dick!:redrolf:

·
Murphys Law Field Tester
124 Posts
This is gonna sound a little, well, maybe high schoolish, but my dad used to take my brother and I to all those old car shows during the 70's. He always wanted a 'Vette and will never forget the day he got his first 'Vette. But - it was always old school tradition to name your "toy" a girls name. When I got my Heritage in 2008, I spent some time thinking about what to name my new found love. Then I was on my way home from work, and being a HUGE Allman Brothers fan, heard a song I had not heard in a few years.

So - my baby's name is Melissa, after the Allman Brothers song "Sweet Melissa". I don't have it painted or anything on her yet, but, if you want a real reason as to why I named my baby "Melissa", try this:

Reactions: lucille

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Coomaker- I definitely laughed at your signaure quote! CLASSIC!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I didn't name my bikes...Harley already did...:)

·
Seasonably Uncool
428 Posts
How is this a "Riding Stories, Adventures and Travels" thread?

Shouldn´t this be in the " Gay things to ask " subforum along with questions about helmet colors and questions regarding the fitment of assless chaps?

Just sayin´...

Sponk

·
Registered
695 Posts
My sister passed away. I was willed the bike. I call it Mary. Every time I ride it, I think of the Jimmy Hendrix song. The wind, cryed out-whispered out for Mary. Always think she is riding with me. Enjoying the ride, along with me. She keep me safe. Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine is names Michael, the arch angel Harley. We have a biker ministry, and its always a good thing to bring an angel with you into some corners of this world.

·
IronButt
510 Posts
I call mine Harley.

Took a long time and a lot of creativity to come up with that one.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts