16,704 Posts
Is that an FX in the background?

·
Registered
1982 FXR Shovelhead
35 Posts
Finally Getting paint on the FXRP Chassis
View attachment 266245
What did you use for paint? I got this suggestion from a restoration shop in NJ, but yours looks very stock too. There is a matching primer, and he uses a heat lamp to cure it.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Is that an FX in the background?
Yes '74 - 74"
@Alan S yeah that's my FX @Racepres is trading me for the fxr......... right? Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Not that one.. but, I have an FLH that may be available...
What did you use for paint? I got this suggestion from a restoration shop in NJ, but yours looks very stock too. There is a matching primer, and he uses a heat lamp to cure it.

View attachment 266256
I been Using good ole Rustoleum semi-gloss for years... Usually HVLP these days... but Rattle can is as good generally..

·
Registered
1982 FXR Shovelhead
35 Posts
Depends on how you want it to look - powder isn't paint

Reactions: Racepres

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Here are some tank badges I thought might look good on my flat black tank. Then I saw the price. I don't think a CVO is in my cards if I can't even afford the badges. I bet I could have something similar fabricated or cast.
Or just leave it be.

·
Registered
16,704 Posts
Here are some tank badges I thought might look good on my flat black tank. Then I saw the price. I don't think a CVO is in my cards if I can't even afford the badges. I bet I could have something similar fabricated or cast.
Or just leave it be.

They had a guy selling knock offs on Instagram or farcebook. Can't remember which but they were reasonable.
IIRC his were epoxy.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Wow, figured nobody used rattle can anymore, as cheap and durable powder coat is.
I personally Detest Powder Coat... Will Not use it... maybe on a Bumper or farm equipment... Maybe..

Anything that is "wired" will develop Ground loops and other electrical Gremlins... guaranteed... and it cost me plenty to have that **** removed from my Dragbike frame!!!!

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Looks better than most rattle can jobs IMO. YMMV
And... you can see the difference from rattle can to HVLP to a high dollar Devilbiss ???
My Body man uses all...and I defy anyone to tell!!! Except PC,... which most can recognize..

Sorry but to my mind, Powder Coat is the new Buzzword.. like Billet used to be... Neither is Superior in any way... just different.. If ya like powder... use it... I coat my Cast Boolits with it... works pretty good!!!!

·
Registered
1984 fxrs
609 Posts
[QUOTE="Nick90

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]Admin, can you delete my post, I'm starting to get spam emails from tapatalk... please and thank you.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

1901 - 1920 of 1926 Posts