V-Twin Forum banner

1861 - 1880 of 1926 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
@Racepres I'm gonna try and get a pair of mufflers on it at the very least. Like I said I cant imagine it's going to perform any worse than what's on it now but at least the will fit correctly.

I cant justify 700+ on a thunder header or bassani or whatever 2-1 exhausts will with an FXR.... I had been looking at danmoto pipes because they were in my price range but he must have slowed production or quit all together because there isnt a single FXR pipe of his anywhere on the net. Hell I cant even find the pipes on his site....

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
I put FXS pipes complete on my '82... fit right up...only loss is the "dip" in the front pipe..
Betting Dyna pipes will go right on that FXR... Certainly Softail stuff... Gotta fab Mounts anyway...

·
Registered
1984 fxrs
609 Posts
Yeah I just cheaped out and got this set off ebay, has heat shields and stuff was only like $100 shipped so I went for it. Till I can commit myself to actually messing with this thing. If I'm gonna go that route I'm gonna go all the way and just pull the engine/primary/trans and save em since it's all matching stock stuff and I'll find some other evo to blow up. Lol

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Yeah I just cheaped out and got this set off ebay, has heat shields and stuff was only like $100 shipped so I went for it. Till I can commit myself to actually messing with this thing. If I'm gonna go that route I'm gonna go all the way and just pull the engine/primary/trans and save em since it's all matching stock stuff and I'll find some other evo to blow up. Lol

A Dyna comes to mind... Unless you really want Fast= Sportster..

·
Registered
1984 fxrs
609 Posts
I'll probably never get that far. I've only ridden this thing a handful of times... I dont wanna sell it, but stuff is getting busy around here so it's just gonna hang out for a while. Lol

·
Registered
16,704 Posts
Any softail or dyna (evo or tc) will fit an FXR. But you'll have to fab brackets.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1984 fxrs
609 Posts
Party is getting started.... looks like I lost a valve seal on the rear head (has a seeping head gasket too). Guess while the primary is out I could pop the top end off....

·
Registered
16,704 Posts
Hmph
It is riding season... that little bit will keep till Winter!!!
What is this "riding season" you speak of? :)

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Reactions: FishinFather

·
Registered
1984 fxrs
609 Posts
Yeah I should just get it back together and ride it till it dies and then start messing with it.

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
LOL
yea... we have like 6 mos of something called Winter here.... Decidedly Not Riding Season...
I would like to be riding US 2 between 91 and Lancaster today, but it almost looks like VT with thunderstorms coming up the coast.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I would like to be riding US 2 between 91 and Lancaster today, but it almost looks like VT with thunderstorms coming up the coast.
Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
Do you mean Virginia Tech? ; )

Fork seals.and gold fork tubes. First timer here. Wasn’t bad but holy chit were they toast.
I like those, looks good.
How much do they cost?

I think she is ready, just need a dry spell.

View attachment 266181
Woo- fvckin' Hoo! Nice.
That is going to be fun!
Stickin' by your guns I see and by guns I mean your bikes belly bag. You know I don't approve of it, so you should take it off. haha!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got the tubes from tc bro’s during their 4th of July sale. Paid 250 for the tubes and seal set. Shipped. Super fast shipping to. I would highly recommend these guys.

1861 - 1880 of 1926 Posts