V-Twin Forum banner

1641 - 1645 of 1645 Posts

·
In disguise
2,738 Posts
Finally got the opportunity to install a Kinetic Structures front motor mount, and take a test ride. See thread below for the story, but I’m pleased with the results.

·
Registered
1984 fxrs
506 Posts
What was the Problem with the Chrome RK shock???
The upper body is to large of a diameter (like 1/4" larger) and hits the rear frame strut covers. I know the design of the covers changed on 87+ bikes, but dont have any to confirm fitment... Couldn't bring my self to grind on the OE 84 stuff... also the bushings were to wide. I ended up pressing the old bushings out of the stock stuff and pressed em into the new shocks. Little stuff. Lol

I'm looking at the 84-99 4piston caliper upgrade online. It's around $250.

I kinda wanted to go Dual Disc in the front, but then I gotta source out new lower legs, a DD mag wheel, another caliper, lines, and a larger M/C. $$$$$$$ that I dont have...

Working 2 and off 5 has me in a bind at the moment. I ended up selling my vehicles off and managed to pay off all my credit card debt and somehow managed to keep the bike this time. Now I just gotta be a bit frugal so I dont lose this one too.

@Alan S here's that coil if you want it.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
The upper body is to large of a diameter (like 1/4" larger) and hits the rear frame strut covers. I know the design of the covers changed on 87+ bikes, but dont have any to confirm fitment... Couldn't bring my self to grind on the OE 84 stuff... also the bushings were to wide. I ended up pressing the old bushings out of the stock stuff and pressed em into the new shocks. Little stuff. Lol

I'm looking at the 84-99 4piston caliper upgrade online. It's around $250.

I kinda wanted to go Dual Disc in the front, but then I gotta source out new lower legs, a DD mag wheel, another caliper, lines, and a larger M/C. $$$$$$$ that I dont have...

Working 2 and off 5 has me in a bind at the moment. I ended up selling my vehicles off and managed to pay off all my credit card debt and somehow managed to keep the bike this time. Now I just gotta be a bit frugal so I dont lose this one too.

@Alan S here's that coil if you want it.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the explanation.. appreciate it

1641 - 1645 of 1645 Posts