V-Twin Forum banner

1521 - 1540 of 1552 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Completed the new ignition module install. Going single fire made starting unbelievable. It fires before I can get my thumb off the starter button.

Hopefully I can run it around the block and see if it runs any different.

Therm was right. I've GOT to put a chrome cover over the coil.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
I now have 2 running bikes again. Have to put a timing light on the FXR (sputters around 5k), but still more fun than the barge.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
LOL
Kind of Kidding yerself about the single fire making any real difference when ya need to get the timing where it belongs Huh??
You know... that single fire vs Dual Fire, make about Zero difference unless you gots Dual Plugs.. I know that you Know..
Might sound a bit different...and some say kick starting procedure changes... Not for Me ... but some say.
I say don't get sucked in... but enjoy...

Edit; Oh Yea.... Flame On!!!!!!
This is usually better than an Oil Thread!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
K5 K6 GSXR1000 with stock 207mm tree for mockup. 04 dyna wheel, 11.8 touring rotors, going with the R1 R6 calipers that should be here tomorrow.
Thank you. I have a pair of 03-04 GSXR 1000 forks, trying to figure out calipers, axle, and rotors to run on Brocks CF wheel.

·
Registered
15,895 Posts
LOL
Kind of Kidding yerself about the single fire making any real difference when ya need to get the timing where it belongs Huh??
You know... that single fire vs Dual Fire, make about Zero difference unless you gots Dual Plugs.. I know that you Know..
Might sound a bit different...and some say kick starting procedure changes... Not for Me ... but some say.
I say don't get sucked in... but enjoy...

Edit; Oh Yea.... Flame On!!!!!!
This is usually better than an Oil Thread!!!!!!!
I'm not disillusioned. The single fire didn't really help performance wise. It just seems to start better.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Absolutely nothing wrong with those numbers. In fact they look like a lot of fun. Which is all that matters at this point.

1521 - 1540 of 1552 Posts