V-Twin Forum banner

2181 - 2200 of 2209 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Installed new alloy art “heavy duty“ riser bushing and big al‘a fork brace. At about 100-110 I was getting a bit of a wobble in sweeping turns/ lane changes. Enough to pucker my butt that’s for sure. Hoping the brace cuts down on that a bit.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Finally got around to ripping the rear brake completely out! It's getting a full rebuild. Maybe upgrade to an '00+ rear caliper while I'm at it.

·
Registered
17,583 Posts
Pulled the stator to fix the plug oil leak.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,795 Posts
Pulled the stator to fix the plug oil leak.

Is it my imagination, or has that S&S been a steady stream of issues?

joe

·
Registered
17,583 Posts
Is it my imagination, or has that S&S been a steady stream of issues?

joe
The S&S has been great. The base gasket issue was because of my neglecting to research how an S&S dumps the base pressure. I vented it like a Harley.

News flash: it ain't a Harley motor.

The rest of the oil leaks I've been chasing have been the trans. Mainly the quad seal. Hopefully this stator plug leak is the last.

Reactions: compressor#v

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,795 Posts
The S&S has been great. The base gasket issue was because of my neglecting to research how an S&S dumps the base pressure. I vented it like a Harley.

News flash: it ain't a Harley motor.

The rest of the oil leaks I've been chasing have been the trans. Mainly the quad seal. Hopefully this stator plug leak is the last.

Ok. I always thought their motors were basically Evo clones.

joe

·
Registered
17,583 Posts
Ok. I always thought their motors were basically Evo clones.

joe
They are somewhat. It's just the heads vent differently.

·
Registered
17,583 Posts
Sprayed degreaser to remove all of the residual oil i could get to.

Now to wash and wax. If it ever quits raining.

Yeah, the camera on my phone sucks.

·
Registered
12,266 Posts
Finally got a Bassani Road Rage 2. Been wanting one for a long long time. Started with short shots, then a Dan moto 2-1, then a patriot defender 2-1, and now finally this. Waiting for loctite to set up on the bracket and I’ll take it for a spin tomorrow.
View attachment 269739
Wow that's beautiful really compliments the bike. You did good.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,212 Posts
I've had some floor boards in a box for quite a while now. Decided to see if the fit, and if they are any easier on old legs.

Got some other stuff to do to it too. I have an EV-27 to put in. And I might try a Super E carb on it just for grins. I have one new in the box that I took as collateral on a loan three years ago. Haven't seen the kid but once since, and he pretended that he had forgotten about it. So I guess its mine now.

·
Registered
1982 FXR Shovelhead
171 Posts
Looks good, but they are foot boards; floor boards are in pickup trucks. ;)

·
Registered
1982 FXR Shovelhead
171 Posts
ah yes, the infamous auto carrot LOL

·
Registered
441 Posts
Rain FINALLY stopped today, got to take her for a nice 100+ mile trip through some NJ back roads and it sure was nice. 2.94 gearing purring away at 2500 almost the whole time.

went to get on the park way at WOT and let her eat. The clutch screamed uncle once I got into 4th. Started slipping pretty bad. Almost cooked it. So, off to order parts.

2181 - 2200 of 2209 Posts