V-Twin Forum banner

2141 - 2160 of 2175 Posts

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,777 Posts
Sounds like a missing verse from "Okie from Muscogee".
From one inbred ******* to another-- we have a Muskogee, but no Muscogee. [LOL, this mickey mouse software bleeped out my 'neck of red'.]

joe

·
In disguise
2,855 Posts
It doesn't work like that with my boss.
I just got off the phone with her. She says she would never tell you what to do and in fact, wishes you'd take more time for things you enjoy. Says she feels guilty a lot, you work so hard.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've seen this type of post before on other sites and it did well. So ill start it off.

Took the wife to breakfast this morning and when we arrived I noticed a pretty heavy oil leak. This leak was very small about a week ago. So after breakfast we rode back home instead of going for a ride we had planned. I had noticed a ton of oil all over the drive belt and rear tire. After much head scratching and end of the world thoughts I had a smidgen of a hunch and took off the side cover and found that the oil drain line had been worn out by the drive belt and had a hole in it. So me and the wife replaced the hose and topped up the oil. Washed the bike down. Then me and my daughter scrubbed the bike and belt real well. All is good.
Not a goddam thing LOL

·
In disguise
2,855 Posts

·
Registered
17,486 Posts
I just got off the phone with her. She says she would never tell you what to do and in fact, wishes you'd take more time for things you enjoy. Says she feels guilty a lot, you work so hard.
The knuckle bumps on my head say different.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,133 Posts
I could explain it to you, but then I'd have to send you to camp for 30 days for circumventing the filter.
Noooooooooo!! I have been there that's why I am in this forum. Thankfully I have only sc*ewwed up a half dozen times and got whacked on the wrist. So I like this software the way it is besides I did notice some words going by that shouldn't have been posted. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Pulled the front brake calipers on the Moonraker ('85 FXRS). checked the pads for wear, cleaned everything up and lubed the pins. Snugged up the drive belt and changed the primary oil.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Tore down the primary to swap a belt and get the rear sprocket swapped to a 61t. While I was in there I put a set of bearings in the swing arm. All went well, started to re assemble and boom. Stripped my 2 piece pivot shaft trying to torque it to spec as per the fsm. Had a hell of a time trying to line up my pivot blocks cause the motor alignment shifted around. Now I have the bike apart waiting on parts. Fml.

·
Registered
423 Posts
2.94 gearing swap complete. 61t pulley, 132t belt. Along with Bare Knuckle 3.0 bearing kit in the swing arm, new pivot shaft and alloy art pivot blocks. Replacing hardware one bolt at a time with ARP via a feuling kit #3068

waiting on a Jim’s transmission shifter rod, and a new shift lever to arrive tomorrow and I’ll have the primary back together. Fingers crossed it all goes well.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Not all completed today, but have completed doing the service myself for the first time. Added the dash decal a little bit back. Sadly, it started peeling shortly after giving her a bath. Am going to have to try a different attachment method with my spare set.
20210404_121924.jpg

·
Registered
423 Posts
Not all completed today, but have completed doing the service myself for the first time. Added the dash decal a little bit back. Sadly, it started peeling shortly after giving her a bath. Am going to have to try a different attachment method with my spare set. View attachment 268909
I wish mine was this color. She’s a beaut

·
Super Moderator
21,076 Posts
2.94 gearing swap complete. 61t pulley, 132t belt. Along with Bare Knuckle 3.0 bearing kit in the swing arm, new pivot shaft and alloy art pivot blocks. Replacing hardware one bolt at a time with ARP via a feuling kit #3068
View attachment 268872
waiting on a Jim’s transmission shifter rod, and a new shift lever to arrive tomorrow and I’ll have the primary back together. Fingers crossed it all goes well.
You did all of that just to change the gearing?

You could have just done it with the motor sprocket.

·
Registered
423 Posts
You did all of that just to change the gearing?

You could have just done it with the motor sprocket.
Yeahhhh I kind of tried that route... but gave up after baker gave me a hard time.
Baker used to sell a 28t comp sprocket and chain as a kit, ( #158-56s 78 pitch chain 28t sprocket ) they no longer offer it. I called and had them put a kit together and charge me for both the chain and sprocket. $360 later they called me back in 1 day and said “we’re not going to sell it to you” even after taking my card information and billing me. When I questioned it they said “well do you have our 6 speed transmission” I said no. They said “well we can’t sell it to you then , that sprocket is paired for our transmissions and we can’t split them, plus your motor can’t turn that sprocket we’ll refund the money “. I then replied, well then why did you sell it as a kit as recent as 2015? Here’s the part number for the kit” they said, sorry, not happening.

But any ways, the swing arm bushings were shot and the rear end got a little loose in sweeping high speed turns going down the highway. It puckers my rear end when it happens lol so that’s why the bearings went in. The pully swap was easy enough. Although it is a bit of work and down time, it’s a good thing I did it because trans seals were all leaking and so was the shifter shaft seal.
I actually got the sprocket and belt part numbers from you in the gearing thread from 6 years ago lol.
Thank you! When the mrs says “more parts ?!?!” I reply “ it’s therms fault!”

·
Registered
17,486 Posts
Yeahhhh I kind of tried that route... but gave up after baker gave me a hard time.
If you had the splined shaft, you could have used stock later 5 speed stuff to get a 3.17 (IIRC) final drive. That's what I have set to go in mine. Just waiting on the starter ring to change it out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 85thFXRiden

·
Super Moderator
21,076 Posts
Baker used to sell a 28t comp sprocket and chain as a kit, ( #158-56s 78 pitch chain 28t sprocket ) they no longer offer it. I called and had them put a kit together and charge me for both the chain and sprocket. $360 later they called me back in 1 day and said “we’re not going to sell it to you” even after taking my card information and billing me. When I questioned it they said “well do you have our 6 speed transmission” I said no. They said “well we can’t sell it to you then , that sprocket is paired for our transmissions and we can’t split them, plus your motor can’t turn that sprocket we’ll refund the money “. I then replied, well then why did you sell it as a kit as recent as 2015? Here’s the part number for the kit” they said, sorry, not happening.

But any ways, the swing arm bushings were shot and the rear end got a little loose in sweeping high speed turns going down the highway. It puckers my rear end when it happens lol so that’s why the bearings went in. The pully swap was easy enough. Although it is a bit of work and down time, it’s a good thing I did it because trans seals were all leaking and so was the shifter shaft seal.
I actually got the sprocket and belt part numbers from you in the gearing thread from 6 years ago lol.
Thank you! When the mrs says “more parts ?!?!” I reply “ it’s therms fault!”
V Twin sells the motor sprockets, they even have a 27 tooth. Bout $75. Chains are sometimes hard to find. But I have had them made from scratch at the chain shop. And I have had them alter the length of used chains.

2141 - 2160 of 2175 Posts