V-Twin Forum banner

2081 - 2098 of 2098 Posts

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Took mother to dinner, and Rode a bit just for Shits and Grins..Friday nite, and Again sat and Sat nite... Yesterday, and Last Nite, However, ... we Took the FXWG.. Trying different rear Shocks....

Changed oil & filter, and primary fluid. I've been running a Rivera Pro Clutch for a few years and the amount of ATF they recommend is a bit vague, "fill to the bottom of the ring gear." You can't really see the ring gear, it would be very little oil I would imagine. HD recommended about 1.5 quarts for the stock clutch. I started with about 28 oz. and have been going less with each fluid change, since downshifts can be sticky. This time I added only 20 oz. and downshifts are much better, and it feels smoother at high RPM's. Was wondering what others with the Pro clutch are running for fluid amount?
I have only run that clutch on early Shovelhead style Primaries.. just enough Oil in it for the Chain to get some Lube... Only enough... no More..

·
Registered
26 Posts
took her out into the light today, top end rebuilt, frame painted, new clutch hub(steel), chain converstion , spherical bearing kit, hydralic clutch converstion,2.1 stainless exhaust,rewire, she fired up first push of button, winter here in uk so plenty of time to finish oh yea and the covid

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
took her out into the light today, top end rebuilt, frame painted, new clutch hub(steel), chain converstion , spherical bearing kit, hydralic clutch converstion,2.1 stainless exhaust,rewire, she fired up first push of button, winter here in uk so plenty of time to finish oh yea and the covid
Hi!,

What sissy bar is that?

thanks!

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
How's the Ultima holding up?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
After a failed lifter, so far OK.
When the lifter failed I didn't hear it right away, took out the cam, so replaced the cam with a S&S .600 cam , installed new lifters, cam bearing and oil lines after flushing the pump etc. what a difference less overlap makes. Bike runs so much better, and fuel mileage picked up 9-10 miles per gallon. And no it's not running lean. I also changed the air bleed on the S&S G carb from a..40 to a .52, transition between intermediate jet and the main jet is much smoother now.

·
Registered
17,325 Posts
After a failed lifter, so far OK.
When the lifter failed I didn't hear it right away, took out the cam, so replaced the cam with a S&S .600 cam , installed new lifters, cam bearing and oil lines after flushing the pump etc. what a difference less overlap makes. Bike runs so much better, and fuel mileage picked up 9-10 miles per gallon. And no it's not running lean. I also changed the air bleed on the S&S G carb from a..40 to a .52, transition between intermediate jet and the main jet is much smoother now.
The .600 is what I have in my 107. I'm getting 37 mpg. But I'm running an E. I've got a G I'm going to try if there's a chance mileage will improve.

And the more I ride it the more I like the 600.

Reactions: compressor#v

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
The .600 is what I have in my 107. I'm getting 37 mpg. But I'm running an E. I've got a G I'm going to try if there's a chance mileage will improve.

And the more I ride it the more I like the 600.

This is the 2nd motor I've used the .600 cam, doesn't disappoint. I think the E, if it's running good should be good. S&S ships 111" motors with a E carb. Get it on a dyno if you can, if it goes lean up top and can't be cured with jetting, then go G.

·
Registered
1986 fxrd
21 Posts
IMG_20201130_155544.jpg

Just got back from a 6 day 1500k shakedown on my fxrd , been a few months of grafting to finally get her on the road , hadnt ridden one before so its been interesting , great motor , nice steering and nimble for a big bike but man is the rear suspension action harsh on our rough roads .
Heaps of potential tho , so the project will go on ..

·
Registered
1984 fxrs
673 Posts
Have you gotten the pipes installed yet?

Kerker, they are now made by Supertrapp though.
I have not... been dealing with some.... life issues. Will post sound clips as soon as its installed!

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,999 Posts
View attachment 267972

Just got back from a 6 day 1500k shakedown on my fxrd , been a few months of grafting to finally get her on the road , hadnt ridden one before so its been interesting , great motor , nice steering and nimble for a big bike but man is the rear suspension action harsh on our rough roads .
Heaps of potential tho , so the project will go on ..
And to think you could have bought a sportster, a real man's bike.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

2081 - 2098 of 2098 Posts