V-Twin Forum banner

2061 - 2078 of 2078 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,565 Posts
I'm just hoping I can find the rod hole with the pin on assembly as easy as it came out.
Stick your little finger in from the back side. Just to be clear on this, backside of the piston. Then use your finger to line it up. Do be sure to use a new clip.

·
Registered
17,187 Posts
Do be sure to use a new clip.
I've got 4. Hopefully I'll only need half that.

Rode the Gyna to Harbor Freight this morning and picked up more brass brushes for my Dremel to clean the old gasket off. It's kind of a Teflon. I've never seen one like that before.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,187 Posts
Prolly had silicon beaded gaskets on it. Try wiping it off with carb cleaner on a shop rag.
Nope. I've had those on primary gaskets. It was blue Teflon like material.

Carb cleaner and brake cleaner are scared of it.

Edit: took a picture. It's blue and brittle.

·
Super Moderator
20,565 Posts
Nope. I've had those on primary gaskets. It was blue Teflon like material.

Carb cleaner and brake cleaner are scared of it.

Edit: took a picture. It's blue and brittle.

Some times you just have to break out the razer blades.

·
Registered
17,187 Posts
Already did. Now the brass brush on the dremel to finish.

Hopefully I can get started on reassembly tomorrow. Seems like it takes 10x as long since I have to clean threads for loctite.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Meanwhile somewhere in northern Europe ...
IMG_20201010_142326_1280.jpg IMG_20201010_142813_1280.jpg
Before trip battery voltage was just 10.6 V , so i started engine with booster (extra battery). Today was "very warm" weather, around 11*C (52*F). It is not unusual to have 10 cm snow at this time of october. After trip (just 100 km - 60 miles) it was nice to have sauna to warm my frozen body.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Blew the snot outta my pinion shaft gear when it popped back thru the carb in reverse rotation as I was starting it.

·
Registered
1984 fxrs
648 Posts
Snagged these.... they are 3/4" sealed bearings. They have a 2-1/4" hub though so ill need to figure out brake rotor and sprocket situation to get them on the bike. And some spacers for the front since its a narrow hub and I have the wide glide front end. I assume they were intended for 2000+ applications that had larger rotor center bore and stuff. Ill figure it out. Maybe.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

2061 - 2078 of 2078 Posts