V-Twin Forum banner

2001 - 2020 of 2064 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
was looking at the seat... the one with the Hinge bolts broken in it...trying to get the nerve to pull staples and take cover off!!!
For some reason whenever people see my upholstery work they say... "Do it Yerself Marty"???

·
Registered
17,010 Posts
For some reason whenever people see my upholstery work they say... "Do it Yerself Marty"???
I've never done upholstery, but I can picture the same results with mine.

·
Registered
1984 fxrs
643 Posts
Took the wench to work again .... had an ol salty guy tell me the paint on my "sporty" looked old school... almost lost it...

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,010 Posts
... had an ol salty guy tell me the paint on my "sporty" looked old school... almost lost it...

You learn to ignore it.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nick90

·
Registered
1984 fxrs
643 Posts
You learn to ignore it.

I try.... im just losing my mind. This govt job on call crap and covid is just driving me nuts. No where to go, nothing new to see, and the same pricks always trying to burn me. Losing my mind Alan....

Its worth noting this old guy pulled up on a brand new softail m8.... managed to let it slip that he could hold up his e-glide anymore... all i got out of it was my youthful exuberance that I tossed around and picked up when I dropped my old 900# couch and I CHOSE the FXR. Idk. Im lost.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I try.... im just losing my mind. This govt job on call crap and covid is just driving me nuts. No where to go, nothing new to see, and the same pricks always trying to burn me. Losing my mind Alan....

Its worth noting this old guy pulled up on a brand new softail m8.... managed to let it slip that he could hold up his e-glide anymore... all i got out of it was my youthful exuberance that I tossed around and picked up when I dropped my old 900# couch and I CHOSE the FXR. Idk. Im lost.

You take things to personal...sign of youth. I did get to crippled to hold up my GeezerGlide...a 1983 FLHT
I still ride the FXR, prolly me and the little lady will go to a Tavern, or two, today. If we go North there is zero "Stigma", and no one is, nor gets Sick. The Sportster comment???? I'm over it, as when I go Alone, guess what... I ride a Sportster...

BTW If you just let it slide someone who has had a Harley over a year or two will take Offense for you.. I just smile and say "I ain't got time, nor do I feel like, Educating, New Bikers"

·
Registered
17,010 Posts
.... I just smile and say "I ain't got time, nor do I feel like, Educating, New Bikers"
Usually with the brand new motor clothes who are now "experts".

·
Registered
3,424 Posts

Usually, but not always..Guys of All Ages are now buying "vintage" bikes, especially Shovels just now, then dressing and Acting like they Bought 'em New!!!! Beware..
The Younger guys are actually less likely to "Act"..Prolly because they are Obviously too young to have bought it New!!

·
Registered
1984 fxrs
643 Posts
I can honestly say I have never acted like someone I am not. To me. Acting,posing, etc is lying. And lying is for cowards who are afraid to be their true self.

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
Had a guy I ask me what kind of Dyna my RP was? I took it as a compliment, and thanked him for not calling it a Sportster.. He was puzzled, LOL
A older than me lady said, oh a Harley. No mam it's a Honda Goldwing. Oh a Honda I drive a Honda when did Honda start making motorcycles? Before they made cars mam. Since owning a couple Harleys I have heard remarks of is that a Vulcan, Yami, Shadow etc, but what I look for is that smirk, because these posers know one bike from another.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
A older than me lady said, oh a Harley. No mam it's a Honda Goldwing. Oh a Honda I drive a Honda when did Honda start making motorcycles? Before they made cars mam. Since owning a couple Harleys I have heard remarks of is that a Vulcan, Yami, Shadow etc, but what I look for is that smirk, because these posers know one bike from another.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
Funny **** Cap'n... thanks for keepin it light!!!!
Seriously... ya made me laugh thank you!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Took the wench to work again .... had an ol salty guy tell me the paint on my "sporty" looked old school... almost lost it...
Rode up to the Harley dealership to grab some filters and touch-up paint (vivid black), and a young female employee was likely "on assignment" in the parking lot chatting it up with the guys coming into the shop (guess a new "outreach" effort from the Motor Company. . .), and I asked if she could identify the model. . . To her credit, she was at least able to discern it wasn't a Sportster, or a Dyna. . .

Probably not old enough for old school, but my Harley leathers are old enough to still have been made here in the USA, so that dates them back to the mid-nineties. . . Every once in awhile, I'll check the H-D jackets and whether made in Pakistan, China, wherever, the leather always seems fake, cheap and "plasticky". . .

Paul

·
Registered
17,010 Posts
Usually, but not always..Guys of All Ages are now buying "vintage" bikes, especially Shovels just now, then dressing and Acting like they Bought 'em New!!!! Beware..
I could beware, but I have a problem giving a sh!t about other people.

And a couple questions will tell the tale.

Reactions: Racepres

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I could beware, but I have a problem giving a sh!t about other people.

And a couple questions will tell the tale.

True... If we even take that Time.
Rode the Shovel, the FXWG [real one] a couple towns over for lunch yesterday,.. Waitress Loved it, ... "Don't care what it is" she says... "I want one!!" Wife said, ... "Man, I don't remember the Seat being that Hard"
I said "****", ... "I don't remember it being so Damn heavy!!!!"

·
Registered
1984 fxrs
643 Posts
@Racepres when are we making a deal on the fxwg.... i mean the wench ain't that bad for a "sportster"...

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
@Racepres when are we making a deal on the fxwg.... i mean the wench ain't that bad for a "sportster"...

LOL
Not soon!!! She's been with me a very long time now. And, Sorry to say I still Got an old Ironhead that has been with me Longer than this Wife...
Won my First National Drag Race Event with it...

Then My Youngest won His forst national drag Race Event with it... Quite some time Later!!!! More than 20 Years in fact.

Haven't had it as long as the '82 FXRS, but that was Wife #2 time frame!!!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
@Racepres that must be one hot xlch!!!

No... Not really... low 13's to a best of 12.9... even Ton reliably..
But, In the bone stock pre Evo Class... She Kicks Butt
About the same as My basically Stock Evo FXRS, the Sportster will get by the Evo, due to better short time..

Should Note however, we werent even allowed cams in stock Class, certainly Zero headwork.
I got Torn Down.... Alot.

2001 - 2020 of 2064 Posts