V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1490 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've seen this type of post before on other sites and it did well. So ill start it off.

Took the wife to breakfast this morning and when we arrived I noticed a pretty heavy oil leak. This leak was very small about a week ago. So after breakfast we rode back home instead of going for a ride we had planned. I had noticed a ton of oil all over the drive belt and rear tire. After much head scratching and end of the world thoughts I had a smidgen of a hunch and took off the side cover and found that the oil drain line had been worn out by the drive belt and had a hole in it. So me and the wife replaced the hose and topped up the oil. Washed the bike down. Then me and my daughter scrubbed the bike and belt real well. All is good.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Headed west, made a right at the Delaware Water Gap, then followed the river up into NY State. No traffic, beautiful day, nice leisurely cruise.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Fueled up with some 93oct at Sunoco, bumped into a guy that had a 65 pan head in pretty great shape, bone stock with the exception of a carb. Pretty cool. Rode home a short distance and plan on pulling the plugs for inspection as I suspect she's running rich....

·
Registered
8,355 Posts
I put a stator in it last week, does that count? Lol one of the poles was a bit loose the last time I was in the primary a few years back, but not loose enough to cause great concern. I knew it needed one, but put it off, mechanics always work on their bikes last.
Yesterday, I started it, that 113 sounds evil, lol, and took it for a quick spin around the parking lot.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it just me or does that look like a good bump will knock it right off?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mounted mids, build brake linkage, and welded a tab onto the frame to hold the pedal against the spring (cause someone cut it off...)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I pulled the whole baffle and disks off my supertrapp 2-1. Night and day difference in sound. Went from sounding like a prius to a big block Chevy. Absolutely love the sound. Haven't noticed much of a difference in performance either. I'm sure I've lost some lower end but I'm not winning any races anyways. I'm the last of my crew with an 80" Evo. The other guys I ride with bought some new baggers/road kings.

Since getting back on the bike this year I've burned through a ton of gas. (before taking out the baffle). Got just about 100 miles on a tank. Last year I think I was around double that. Wonder if somethings up in the carb. Bike runs fine though.

Saw this pic on Craigslist. Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
I pulled the whole baffle and disks off my supertrapp 2-1. Night and day difference in sound. Went from sounding like a prius to a big block Chevy. Absolutely love the sound. Haven't noticed much of a difference in performance either. I'm sure I've lost some lower end but I'm not winning any races anyways. I'm the last of my crew with an 80" Evo. The other guys I ride with bought some new baggers/road kings.
Pox, we need a sound clip! I'm seriously thinking of picking up that same exhaust. I know one of the biggest complaints of them is they are on the quiet side so I'd love to hear it now.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Ordered my rocker box gaskets today from jp, be sure to note how that 27 is I'm looking to install one this winter
EV-46 is more fun all around cam in a light bike like an FXR. 27 is good, but 46 is better IMO.

1 - 20 of 1490 Posts