V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine past away a few month's ago and his wife has this bike in an old shed beside the house I am thinking of hauling it home and doing a build. Do any of you know exactly what it is and possibly what year this thing is. I dont know if it run's or not. How much would this be worth in this condition ?
[/IMG]

Shot at 2011-12-17

Shot at 2011-12-17

Shot at 2011-12-17

Shot at 2011-12-17

Shot at 2011-12-17

Shot at 2011-12-17

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
It's a 1989 FXSTS (softail springer). This was the 2nd year of this springer. Hard to say what it's worth. Too many variables.

I will say that I rode a 1988 FXSTS that I bought new in 4/1988 and put 91,000 miles on it before I sold it and never had a problem with it at all except for replacing rocker box gaskets a couple of times.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
can't see the condition too well, is it seezed? for the right price I would love to have it for a project bike

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really dont know if it roll's over or not, I am going to look it over better Tomorrow.
At least its a Softail. I'm kinda getting excited about a build like this.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
looking at what I can see and figuring on a total rebuild, I would guess I might offer 3500.00 and at that you may be putting a pretty good pile of money into it.
If you are looking to fix it up to sell it, I would not pay that much, because now days it would be hard to get your money back out of it

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looking at what I can see and figuring on a total rebuild, I would guess I might offer 3500.00 and at that you may be putting a pretty good pile of money into it.
If you are looking to fix it up to sell it, I would not pay that much, because now days it would be hard to get your money back out of it
Thank's Nitram, I think you're right there. I have been doing some searching since last night and it look's to me like this thing in immaculate condition at best is worth around $9,000.00
I could have that much in it haha :confused:

Well it was a friend's and he never did get to ride it.
I think I am going to do a tribute build in memory of Lance and keep it, Still pondering the idea anyway

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a 1989 FXSTS (softail springer). This was the 2nd year of this springer. Hard to say what it's worth. Too many variables.

I will say that I rode a 1988 FXSTS that I bought new in 4/1988 and put 91,000 miles on it before I sold it and never had a problem with it at all except for replacing rocker box gaskets a couple of times.
Thank's Ed
Sound's like that was a pretty reliable bike. I like the look of it, I see that there is an outfit now that makes Knucklehead rocker cover's to fit the EVO and TC and they claim they wont leak over time like the stock ones do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts