V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been able to convince any local dealers that this part even exists. I need to rebuild the carb, and have no idea what rebuild kit to order. They want to sell me a new carb...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice!! So how do I order parts??

Do I use PN 27934-99 as my basis? I need the vacuum piston and a rebuild kit...I haven't had any luck chasing down my intake either- SE PN29637-99. I am guessing the carb and intake were part of a performance package, like an early stage kit. (The bike has a big bore kit and SE 257 cams.) I'm just surprised(dissapointed) that my local parts dealers have no idea what I have or need..

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Since it's a SE setup, the part #'s will not be in the standard HD parts manual. That's probably why the dealer parts guys are confused. Best thing you could do is get the instruction sheet that came with the carb kit. It will show a diagram of the parts with all the parts #'s.

If you have the part # of the SE kit, any competent dealer should be able to pull the instruction sheet up thru their online network. If you can't get it from them, post back here with the SE kit part # and someone will find it for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, Did anyone ever find out exactly what this carb is? I have the same part number on my carb which was already fitted when I bought the bike.

I was twant to tune the bike a little but from this thread it seems like something has been done already. Can anyone give any information as to what this carb isand if it is an aftermarket performance part, is it as good as a S&S Super E or Mikuni 42.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts